This week has been a nightmare. My Best-Friend left to go serve in Framingham, and I am left here with my New Companion who I am training, and Honestly I have felt alone. I'm doing my absolute best to help him get teaching experience, but everything this last weekend fell through, and on top of that we had the Elder Carvahlo, an assistant to the President, come in and observe us during the day yesterday, and so acting like I'm not stressed made me more stressed. It seems like all the forces of negativity and forces of inability and inadequacy to train all came in at once. And I truly have felt alone until U got on the email today, and I remembered all of you, and that you have my back. And then my heart softened and I realized that yes it is hard, but I have been prepared to do hard things. And then I thought back to the 1st lunch appt we had Wednesday morning before transfer meeting. Now we were sitting there waiting for Sister Arreaga to come in so we could start the lesson, and the little boy on the couch, Abner, turns on the TV, and the show that he turns on was Thomas the Tank Engine, and it made me think, that "I think I can, I think I can"....and you know what? I can do this!. its just going to be hard, and it times like this I have learned, and even more so now, that its not by my hand that the work gets done, but by the Lord's, and so I need not worry about the crazy crap that goes on, because I cant control it. I can only choose to accept it. Is that easy, No, but is that the right course of action, yes, because in the moment I choose, or in the moment when we choose, we receive the blessings from God, because we chose him and His Son.
My companion is from Peru, but moved to Utah at the age of 9, and so he speaks English, which is a relief, and his name is Elder Vizcardo. he is 18, and it's very interesting. He corrects my Spanish 24/7, but hey, hopefully it will improve.
Favorite part of the week, last night, because we went to the House of Sergio and Maria, where we chatted for a few minutes, and ate some Sandia (Watermelon), we started a conversation about why Sergito, the son went to church by himself yesterday, and then it lead, to me asking Sergio, for the 100th time, Will you guys come to church as a FAMILY this Sunday? It will bless you more than you think. God will help you through your divorce, so that you can marry Maria, and then she can get baptized. "Look Sergio, the fact is God wants you back....."
Response: "Elder Scott, I'm not going to lie, in the past I have told you, yeah I will go, with the intentions of not going, but I am telling you right now, that I will be there on Sunday. I will be there.....and it made me think back, again, to my Patriarchal blessing, and it amazed me how true blessings can really be, when you seek for them. I love the fact that I have the chance to stay here and train, though its tough, because I get to teach a Peruvian how to be Dominican and Mexican, and Guatemalan, and everything else, and I also get to grow these friendships here and that is what is so cool, because they are friendships that will last a long time.
Um, I don't really have much else to say now,
so Adios....
so Adios....
Elder M Scott
No comments:
Post a Comment