Monday, September 22, 2014

[Mason] Good Morning my Good people of the West


Buenos Dias a todos los que se encuentran leyendo esta carta. [Good morning to all that find themselves reading this letter]

This last week was crazy insane, but it all was worth every single penny and every single head ache and every single sweat...because a less-active member and his "almost wife" came to church with their son.  Sergio, the member, has promised the missionaries here and the leaders here that he would come to church for so long. but last week, we went over to his house. and I said...Sergio, can you just come to church next week, and so he said yes.  I promise you this time, I will be at church next Sunday.  I will not miss. I tell you guys what,  we did all we could to have contact with the guy during the week, and he came on Sunday.  I stressed all week on doubting the promise he made,  but he came, and it strengthened my testimony of how our much faith we need to have in those people who we love.

I am just so stoked about Sunday and what happened that I don't really care about anything else.....

Sister De la Cruz found out it is my B-day in a month or so.....which isn't good, because every time supposedly, she finds out, she plans a giant party...and I'm scared. But then she proceeded to say, wow Elder Scott,, um in a year and a half you will be married........um sorry to cut this short, but no I wont. then she continued on talking about how she knows me too well, and she made me laugh......it was so funny.  I Love the members here so much. we had our Cena internacional....and because I brought America's favorite cookie, everyone was happy.  And they were the first thing to be eaten and killed off. thanks mom for the recipe.

um we had Zone Conference and it was amazing....but I don't have my notes from it.

1. Consecration
2. how to be a better missionary
3. how to lead by example.

President asked me to speak a little on #3 during the meeting....it was awkward because I had nothing prepared and the fact that I don't feel like I do.  So I shared a few experiences and what I feel it means to and then I talked about weekly planning and yielding to your companions ideas is one way of doing so.

um not much else is happening over here.


Yesterday we were teaching a kid about the Atonement, and that is always a hard topic for me to teach simply...It is simple to teach simply when you want to but I like to blow peoples minds sometimes....and so we were teaching this little girl with her grandpa, who is a member.  And we just asked a question saying "have you ever been alone or done something that has hurt you?.....yes.....well Jesus Christ suffered and died for that....ok we know that. but then I felt like I needed to say "look, you never have to feel alone ever or scared ever because Christ has been there and done that so that we never have to do it by our self...Christ conquered and felt abandonment so that we never have to because he is always here.....and at that moment, Brother Velasquez and Gigi, the grandpa and the little girl, both went...."wow" and they both were like that makes so much sense.  It makes me feel great inside when people get their own minds blown, especially when its a little kid. it makes it all worth it.


Anyways, some new things happening over here on the Dominican side of things, is the Dominican part.....aka the shave in part in your hair.....and I have one...it is cool, and president Packard even likes it....so its my new look, for now....
and I kind of wear hats now...thanks to Pennington ha, but its great.

Elder Mason Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment