This week was legit just so all of you know, and the reason behind it is because of many things, but the main thing is that I have found my absolute favorite story in the Book of Mormon. It is found in the book of Helaman. And it is not Samuel the Lamanite, but instead it is Nephi, son of Helaman. It's a sweet story of defending your faith and being bold and knowing your stuff and trusting in God.
Anyways, this week was pretty slow it seemed, planning District meeting, making sure that everyone is OK, and helping everyone get motivated. It is hard to be a leader sometimes, because when you love these people so much, you don't want to see them struggle or see them fail of even fall at all, and it happens, and it just kills me. It is hard because I can only do so much, and go on exchanges and stuff, but sometimes it's not enough. So it's hard to be a leader but it's a blessing, because you learn how to love people more.
I absolutely hate seeing people struggling. I really wish I could help every single person succeed and get through the failures and make them all be super successful. I feel like that is my duty here. Ever since the first interview with President Packard in the Mission Home, I have felt like a major part of my duty here is to help missionaries know their stuff and know how to do their stuff. I have been striving to do that ever since. Now that I'm actually called to do that, I feel lost in how I can. I want the best for everyone here. I want flourishing areas for all of them, so they never have to feel down, because when a missionary has nothing to do, he or she gets sad and depressed, and it hurts me. I want to cry sometimes when people say that they don't have anything to do, or when they come home frustrated for reasons that nothing happened that day. It makes me so sad. I want to just go in and work work work and find new people and talk to all the members and set them up for life.....but at some point, I realize this now, that they have to fall before they will get picked up. I'm planning on jumping and helping everywhere I can as soon as I can. Part of this is also in my own companionship.. we have been struggling to get on the same page. I have desires to work as hard as my body will allow, and even skip all the meals and everything, because I want this message out there. but he takes things at a slower pace, a little more timid pace, and not as much direction in terms of work load and how much we can actually do. After the last few days of me jumping on the wheel 150% I showed him the true desire of the work we had 10 appts planned for after church yesterday. The day before that several more. We were heading towards the goal I have of teaching 32. This is a milestone for the Lynn area, but also for the whole zone. Now my companion has caught fire of it.
Just a shout out real quick to my brother. I read through his email, and he said was talking about a training on keeping appts shorter and getting to the point and establishing our purpose and fulfilling said purpose as missionaries in these appts. and I have been trying to figure out what this district needs. I know what it is and it is this. So thanks Elder Scott for helping me out.
I'm excited for what is to come in this district, because I have 3 different languages....English, Spanish, and Chinese.....so it is going to be fun when I have to go do interviews in the chinese side....I don't speak that....
No comments:
Post a Comment