Monday, October 20, 2014

[Weston] Anaheim Weekly October 20, 2014

Hello!

This week was so fast! I cannot believe it! My birthday was this past Tuesday for those of you who did not know. I will go over some interesting details of the day. So, we started out by taking my bike to the shop because it was having some issues, and that ended up being almost a hundred dollars in replacement parts, no biggie, and then I went to have a doctors appointment for my shoulders. At the doctors, I was evaluated for my pain in my right shoulder specifically and was given a cortisone shot. That hurt quite a lot! It was not very pleasant for a couple of days because the next day I literally could not  lift my right arm. Fun stuff! We got to have interviews with our Mission President this past Wednesday which was absolutely fantastic! I also got to teach District Meeting and I taught about the importance of teaching shorter lessons. It was pretty good, especially because President is going to try to get me some physical therapy to help me make it through my last year in the mission. Now, is it me or am I always writing home with a new ache or pain each week? Definitely not me right?

Our Ward mission leader Hermano Badillo is now the Bishop of of our ward, and so on Sundays I am the teacher for Gospel Principles. Kind of fun? Haha not. However, I speak Spanish way more fluently than I have ever given myself credit for! It is really cool to see that I can have a full on detailed conversation just about anything now! It is truly a blessing! Specifically I taught about talents, and the importance of developing our talents. I enjoyed the topic, but I only had ten minutes to prepare to teach the lesson. This week Elder Fonnesbeck and I got to do some actual knocking which turned out very well. We had an hour and a half, and we taught three lessons and got three new investigators in that time period. It was pretty great! 

Towards the end of the week, my companionship hit a rough spot, rougher than I have ever had on my mission, and we straightened it out completely on Saturday Evening. I have realized what it takes to truly be an effective leader, and I am trying to change the methods I was using beforehand. Everything is going smoothly now!

Thank you so much for all of the birthday wishes! I truly appreciate it! I can feel the support and love from you all sustaining me out here. Thank you!


Your favorite Elder in So. Cal.

Elder Weston Scott

1) Mine and Hermana Trujillo's birthday party! (And cake) she invited me over to share our birthday together.
2) the cake I made for my birthday. It came out super well!






No comments:

Post a Comment