1. Jesenia's hectic baptismal date
2. Jesenia's baptism and confirmation
3. My birthday
4. My birthday is celebrated every day by the members
5. Too much freakin cake
6. I have felt nauseous all week long.
7. Transfer Texts
8. New calling
9. THE HOSPITAL NIGHTMARE
1. Monday we had Jesenia meet with President packard in the temple, and there, she was interviewed by him, passed, and her desire to get baptized changed immediately. So we talked to her that night and she asked to get baptized on Sunday.....So WOW. we then got to work and so on Tuesday, my B-day, we asked her a few questions with regards to the baptismal service and she was like "can I get baptized on Saturday?....and actually I want to get baptized tomorrow!"....so we got everything set up and then she is like, "actually Friday will work best for my schedule", so then we were like "OK, we will get it set", and then she texts us and says...."actually I need to wrap my head around this whole baptism thing".....and so then she dropped the date. We then, on Thursday night, receive a text from her, at 1030pm, asking if she could still get baptized on saturday...and so then we set that up....its was a nightmare...because she didn't what anyone to come, and the branch is getting after us and yelling at us and it was ridiculous....but we dunked her after 3 days of planning it. Let me just say that that was the shortest turn around from date to dunk I have seen out here. holy cow!.
2. So we dunked her and confirmed her this week. Elder Vizcardo baptized her and I Confirmed her....it was legit. We then proceeded to be yelled at again by some of the members for not inviting them....ugh....not my fault.
3. So let me see...we had a really busy day on Tuesday....and it was sweet....we had cake like 4 times....and the classic mordida where you bite the cake and they hold you down and push your head into it..... I smelled chocolate for like 24 hours afterwards because it was in my nose.
4. Since the members of the branch found out it was my bday...they wanted to all celebrate it....separately....and so every appt I had, there was caked and singing and laughter and a stomach ache....ugh.....it was ridiculous, but I love the branch so much
5. Too much cake. Period.
6. I dont know what's been going on, but my stomach has been aching like I'm nauseous, but I can eat still, and drink, but its really bad in the mornings and at night time....and its awful...but I think it's from all of the cake.....we will see.
7. So I'm not being transferred...I'm staying to tackle my 6th transfer here in the city of Lynn.....WOW.....its crazy!.....but there are a lot of miracles happening here though and so I'm glad I can stay.
8. I am now the District Leader here in this district, and so I have a district of 10 people and it shall be exciting and adventurous....and productive as it had been. I am excited to serve in this new calling.
9. Now its time to share the hospital nightmare. As we know there is a classic phrase that goes like this...."there is opposition in all things." there is a lot of truth in that. Now, we had our baptism Saturday night at 6pm...at the same time there was a B-day party for a 5 year old in our own chapel in Lynn, where there is no font. So we couldn't make it, nor Branch President Fuentes.....While at the baptism, President Fuentes' Daughter, Ashley, did a hand stand or something, and fell and broke her leg, and I mean she literally broke her leg. She broke the Fibula AND the tibia. they are both broken. So she is driven to the Salem hospital but the doctors couldn't do anything....and we are at the baptism unaware.... because our phone was on silent and President Fuentes' phone was in his truck....So we all after the Baptism go get dinner for like 30 min, and while we are there, I check the phone because it was odd that nobody had messaged us or called us in the span of 2 hours....so I see several missed calls...and I return them...and I then find out the situation. We then take off from there, and since we don't have miles to go to Boston with the President, who is the father, we ride in his truck.....We arrive at the massive Childrens Hospital in Boston, and we actually arrived before the ambulance did, but she arrived and she was in so much pain. Not one ounce of the morphine was helping it seemed....and it was so sad. So we gave her a blessing, and so Elder Vizcardo anointed and President Fuentes was going to seal it, but Ashley asked me to do it, so I did. and she went from screaming and crying to calm and sleeping and only a little pain by the end of it. It was amazing to see the Lord step in and help her. The hospital was so busy that night, that there was not enough orthopedic surgeons or nurses or anyone or even rooms,and so there was a massive wait. We went, as I already mentioned, with the President in his truck, and so we were trapped there until he was able to leave....So at about 2AM, Brother Reyes, a high councilman, came and picked us up and brought us home. Sister Fuentes called him. It was awesome that a member could come and help us out. Especially at that early in the morning. But it was a sad night, because the Fuentes' didn't know what was going to happen, Sister Fuentes doesn't really speak English at all and so we were translating for her to the doctors and vice versa. But the whole night was insane. My companion ate some food at dinner, because her was starving, and President Fuentes and I decided not to because it was too late in the night, and so we both went without food for the entire night. but the whole day helped me understand more about my Savior and what he went through and that he felt that pain and any other pain that she will feel, or any of us will feel,and it makes my heart fill with joy and peace, because I don't have to worry about my pain, because Christ knows how to take it away.
Anyways so this was my week in a nutshell.
No comments:
Post a Comment