Good afternoon!
Elder Weston Scott
I sincerely hope all is well with everyone! I just emailed about four days ago, so I do not have a lot to say about the work. Elder Fonnesbeck and met, saw, and taught a lot more people this week, and now we are getting into the rhythm of the work. It feels great! On Thursday this past week (my year mark) we went out at 6 because it was our p-day and we went to find some of the members we had not yet met, but they were not home, and so we stopped by a member named Vilma, and we talked about temples with her, and then we ended with a prayer. Then went upstairs to see a recent convert named Jaquelin who stopped coming to church, and we taught about the importance of keeping the sabbath day. I remember making a simple comment, "the temporal things of this life are not and never will be as important as the spiritual truths which we know as members." It made me think long and hard as well. It is so true.
On Saturday we had exchanges with our zone leaders, and Elder Nixon came with me in my area, fun fact for you, he is one of the missionaries that got transferred out of the area this transfer, and he spent his whole entire mission there so far, 5 transfers, (yeah he is younger than everyone and is a zone leader, #nextAP) and so we went around meeting people and talking to members and the investigators that he had been working with. It was very effective. We then went to a wedding reception, which was super fun! We got a true of the food to take home on Sunday after church. So much chicken and rice hahaha. Free food! It was a good exchange though!
At church it was fast Sunday of course, and so I decided to bear my testimony in front of everyone, and it was funny because I just do feel good on fast Sunday, and so I got up there and I realized that I was like the grumpiest guy ever trying to bear a testimony hahaha. Funny to look back on.
The district is struggling a lot lately, but we are keeping up our excitement, well, at least trying to. Thank you for all of the support! :)
Your favorite Elder in So. Cal.!
Elder Weston Scott
We tried to look stupid hahaha! It worked!
No comments:
Post a Comment