Hey Guys!
I think that the overall lesson I am facing and learning right now, is to trust and rely on the revelation President Taggart received for me to be a District Leader and a Trainer. I sustain my leaders, and so I sustain their actions. It is still hard for me though. I am learning to rely on the Lord, and the decisions He makes for His vineyard. I am just a servant, and I will do what I am asked to do, the best that I can do it. I am here to sacrifice everything, my time, my thoughts, my life for this work. I am starting to understand more about losing myself in this work.
Elder Weston Scott
So this past week was very interesting, for the most part. We taught a few lessons, and we are trying hard to teach stronger and more powerful lessons. Something I have found, is that when you have a new companion that does not speak much Spanish, he can accuse you of just chatting during a lesson, or during a dinner appointment. Not so. It has been a severe struggle this week, more that others. I cannot explain over email how overwhelmed and stressed I feel. I have been called to train Elder Fonnesbeck,for a reason I still know not. I am trying very hard to be patient. This week I dove more into zone Christlike attributes section of Preach My Gospel in order to see what it was that I immediately could do to work on. I read over Patience and humility. Both of which I desperately need and want right now. I am at a road block with knowing what do to with my companion.
We had district meeting this week, and I had the privilege of teaching! Sometimes I feel like I am literally the worst teacher, but hey, maybe that is not so! This month we have been focusing on teaching for understanding, and diligence, and shorter lessons (basically everything fro, chapter 8 in PMG). I decided to use the notes I had taken from a zone conference in May to create district meeting. I taught about teaching and expounding on everything we teach, explaining scriptures, and asking inspired questions. It seemed to go pretty well. For some reason the AP's came and joined us for our meeting, which does not normally happen. It was interesting. On Thursday I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with Elder Tanner in his area, and spend some time with a former companion. It went well, we talked about everything from our past companionship, and also about what I can do to improve as his District Leader, and what I can do as well as a trainer.
On Friday night after planned and everything we went out to see Brian our 9 year-old investigator. He was not home, but his grandma Jaquelin who is a recent convert was. We sat and talked with her for a while, just a simple conversation, and we talked about her life, and different things she has gone through. We flat out told her that we never come by to drag people to church (she is less active and a recent convert). We asked her some personal questions, and we testified to her of our role as missionaries, we testified very powerfully as well of church, and the importance of following Christ, and that we must accept him and all He has done. We mentioned that Christ needs to be first in our hearts and in our lives, and that we must put Him over all other things, and trust in Him. The Spirit was incredibly strong, and it really helped me to realize my role again here as a missionary.
Thanks for everything!
Your Favorite Missionary! :)
Elder Weston Scott
No comments:
Post a Comment