Monday, November 24, 2014

[Mason] Hello, Hello, My freaky deaky friends of the West...or wherever you maybe residing currently


Ok so to start off with the apartment situation...we should be moving anytime between now and the end of the month, due to the fact that we have no heat, and when I say we have no heat, there is a story.  Thursday morning, we woke up in our apartment, cold as usual, but this time, it was a bit different, we looked over at the thermostat, and it read 59.2 degrees......it was freezing, we died...  I got out of bed, because I'm the only one that does on time, and I began to work out, and so I was fine.....but everyone else stayed in bed....it was terrible, but normal, due to the laziness of those in my apartment. One of them is under the impression that 10 push ups is actually a workout, and so he brags to everyone that only himself and I work out....but so be it.

This week's DM (District Meeting) was great, and I have been trying to find ways make them more productive, special and powerful, and spiritual.  So the week prior, I had made a promise to the district that if they get up at 6:30 and workout every day, then I would give them a candy bar......I only gave out 3 to those who did it, but I planned on giving them to everyone, it was an object lesson, I got very annoyed during it, due to the aforementioned Elder but its whatever at this point. This week, I gave the training on "teach when you find, and find when you teach", and the whole district walked away with the whole concept understood finally....so it was great to know that Heavenly Father really helped me teach.  It was a fantastic day on Friday.

Sister Guzman snapped photos of me at the Dia de Accion de Gracias party...[thanksgiving party] and she is like Elder Scott, Give me your mom's number, and I'm like um....and then President Fuentes came over and says, "here you go".....somehow he saved your number from when he sent you the pics 6 months ago...it was insane.....these members are the best people in the world....if I ever come back to live, I will be near there so I can attend this branch...I dont care how far.

Um So this week we have the good ol fashion Turkey Bowl....and I will be playing in East Boston, with a bunch of people.....it will be sweet.  I'm stoked to toss around the old pigskin, eh...

Um this week was week 11 in the training for missionaries,...and so my companion took charge of everything....and I basically acted like a greenie.....except in lessons.  He figured some of it out....but, I think he now understands how much I do, and that he does need me more than he thinks....because he is under the impression that he does all the work. ...but its all good now, I think. 

Oh, please don't send anything to me for a few weeks, I suppose, because I may be moving twice due to apartments and transfers...so we will see.

This morning, I woke up and weighed myself, expecting the worst, and I was way wrong.....I'm sitting at 232...and dropping again.....woohoo....working out pays off more than ya'll think. um....this whole sugar thing is terrible, but it works for those losing weight.....

For P-day, we went to this Masonic Lodge in Boston, one of the main ones in the world, and an investigator gave us a tour....it was sweet. we get to go back, due to the fact that there are 2 or 3  1st edition copies of the BOM there sitting the Library that was locked when we went.  So we get to see them.....Masons and Mormons.....its weird...oh right I am a Mason and a Mormon. hahahaha

Recently I have come to find that Patience is a virtue that I really struggle with.  I have no "release" in terms of anger....or frustrations because there is no rugby...nor thing of the sort to vent.....and so when things happen, my coolant in my body overflows much easier....and it is terrible, I hate it because it makes everyone get scared of me....my temper is so much worse it seems like. and the more i pray for patience and the ability to let things be what they are and not worry about it, God blesses me with harder and worse trials....and it is almost funny.  I just want to laugh. because God knows I know that I have that little problem,and I know that I don't have to blow up, but its so natural...and so easy to ....ugh...its terrible.  But I have found that there are only a few things that control it. 

a) Prayer
b) Scriptures
c) not my companion

I guess its between me and the Lord right?... Our trials we have are always personal and they are given to help us learn something.  If we don't seek for the learning in our trials...it will not go away. that is God's Purpose in giving us these challenges. He knows we can get through it, and when we will get through it. and he expects us to figure out for ourselves what we need to learn and what kind of growth can come from this.

Love you all, 

Elder Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment