Ok y'all
Sorry I kept some of you waiting, I had interviews yesterday with the Man, the myth, the legend, President Packard. It was fantastic. I asked some questions about what I can do to help the district me more focused on how obedience brings blessings. He simply responded with, Elder Scott, I can see you are trying to be 100% obedient. Everyone will see that and will change. He proceeded to read Alma 37:6-7,41 with me, and it was sweet. I also asked about how I can help some investigators.
This week, we had some great times, and some exchanges took place. I went to Cambridge this time with Elder Wharton, (Weston's companion from the MTC), and we spent a day having some fun teaching the Gospel and speaking in Spanish. It was pretty good stuff.
Let me see, I got the hint from President Packard that I will be staying in Lynn to hit up my 7th transfer in a few weeks.
Let me see things I studied this week have little to none importance compared to what happened on Saturday Morning, and I will explain that later in my email.
Santos is getting baptized on the 28th of November, so next Friday.....it's sweet, and I'm so excited. This guy is literally one of the reasons I needed to come on a mission. He is LEGIT
District meeting this week was great....and I had to literally change how everything is going to work. President Packard a few months ago told us districts who meet in the same building, to hold opening exercises together like a zone meeting, and then split off for the rest of DM...I'm losing my mind with it. I'm the only one who plans for the DM.,on my knees I might add, and everybody shows up in the other district like 30 minutes late. we are supposed to be there by 1045, not 1115.....we need to start on time....So I got permission from President, and this Friday, my district is starting at 11, and maybe even at 1045 if they are all present. Also reverence has been a big issue. I want ot have fun, no problem, but there is a time and a place for that, and in DM, during counseling or the training, thats not the time....so we are going to be working on it. All I am trying to do is help this district to be the best one in the zone/mission, be it obedience, reverence, be it work load, be it business....everything. But I have to remember, that I am the oldest in the district, other than 1 sister, and most of these missionaries just graduated high school. My district has 6 18yr olds....who have never dealt with meetings like this before....so it's a bit of a learning experience, on both ends.
This weekend I will be singing in a duet with another Elder, and its quite possible that I will be singing at the Christmas Concert in December.
So what happened on Saturday, was that I was reading in 3rd Nephi, and I came to the section found in I believe chapter 17, where Christ is about to leave, but he had Compassion on the people and blesses them all,and upon reading this section, this passage of scripture, I had a question. "What does Christ mean by my bowels are filled with Compassion towards you?" and I knelt down in prayer to know...and it may seem like such an easy question, but I would ask you then, "How could you be filled with the compassion he had?"...let me tell you, that the spirit hit me so strong, and now I know what that passage of scripture means and it is very sacred to me now. Because in the instant of feeling the spirit unrestrained in me, my testimony went from me knowing that Christ is my Savior and Redeemer, to I know and I don't have to even
see Christ to know. I solemnly proclaim that my testimony is that Christ is our Savior and that He lived, that He died, and that He Lives today, and that He stands at the head of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and That He Is God's Son, The Ultimate Gift Given To The Earth, By Which All Man May Be Saved. I leave my special witness of Christ this morning for all to understand and feel for themselves, and the invitation is there, to seek Him out, for it is Truth, that if you ask with a sincere heart and real intent, the spirit will manifest the truth of it unto you.
No comments:
Post a Comment