Hello!
This week was great! Incredibly busy, but great! We took the departing missionaries to the airport Tuesday morning early, then picked up 26 new elders and sisters afterwards. We spent all day with them, literally all day, we didn't do any missionary work that day, but it was great to meet the new missionaries! They are all fantastic!
Wednesday we had trainings for all of the leaders in the mission, it went well. Elder Dougherty and I trained everyone on attributes that leaders should have, we had a lot of participation, which always makes for a better training! We got to work for a few hours that evening in our area. That night we met with President Taggart from 9:30pm to late.... (Not going to say when) to discuss the training we would be giving the following Friday for Mission Leadership Council. We got to bed very late.
Thursday we had district meeting, afterwards President Taggart held a meeting for the four departing missionaries at the end of this transfer (myself included in those four) and we received training
Friday we had Mission Leadership Council. Elder Doughery and I trained all of the Zone Leaders and the Sister-Training-Leaders about following the spirit, and teaching for understanding. Not simply teaching to get lessons, but so that our investigators truly understand. It went super well!
Saturday I got to attend the baptism of Desiree! She did it! It was incredible! She bore her testimony at the end, and she shared that it
was the most important thing that she has ever done in her life. I know that to be true for myself as well.
Sunday was church, my first time I have attended an English ward in about two years. It was very strange, but still the first two hours of church I was actually attending a the service of a small group of Spanish Speakers that are in the ward. They hold separate services, so I attended there to help out. I passed the sacrament, and spoke. It
I am grateful. My heart is full. My Heavenly Father has been so good to me in my life. I pray that we may all recognize His hand in all things.
Elder Weston Scott
1) Desiree is the coolest! I cannot wait for next year when I will go to her temple sealing in Guadalajara!
2) Departing Missionary Selfie - Sister Taggart likes selfies apparently.
No comments:
Post a Comment