Hey family, friends, and whomever may be reading this, this first week was so great. Spanish is so hard especially when you can't understand what the teacher or anybody is saying. I feel like I am LOST IN TRANSLATION but I am progressing. Mi compañero's name is Elder Miskimens, he is from Washington. We get along so well, and we love this place so much. the food is really interesting, and a out a week ago they served hot dogs, that nobody ate because they were so disgusting, but now they are being cooked with everything... ever tried hotdog enchiladas?, because I have. Anyway Spanish is coming along just fine, and I am in the intermediate to advanced class, and I am one of the best in the class. My district tiene ocho personas y nosotros estámos aprendiendo muchas. My Spanish is fluent [ A bit cocky at this point don't ya think? ], but only in the gospel and it's slow...like super slow.
I have an investigator with me and my companion, and his name is Chris. His family is LDS but he isn't, his mother was anti-Mormon, but she is dead now and its getting really easy to the point where he wants to join. the first time teaching him was sketchy because I didn't know what to say, but the Spirit helped me out a lot. I just took off in the lesson speaking in who knows what language, and i felt the spirit so strong. We asked him to pray with his family and read the scriptures with his family, the second day, the same thing happened, and I talked the whole time with Chris, elder Miskimens didn't say much, but we taught him most of the first lesson and whatnot. Day 3 of teaching went so well I wanted to scream out loud after it because I knew Chris felt the spirit. we taught him the apostasy and the first vision and about the holy spirit and how it testifies to our hearts. I then asked him to read the book of Mormon, pray to know if it is true and when he finds these things to be true if he would be baptized...he said yessssssss!!!!!!. was so happy, and Miskimens was so happy too.
Each day seems to blend into the next, sleep does not exist at all because it is so hot. I am in a dorm room with two other companionships, one in my district, and the other a native companionship. every two weeks, though they leave. Natives are so touchy feely, its was so weird. I would tell a joke or just say something funny, and they would laugh and hug me or pat me on the back, and its was so weird. We call them CHACAS because they are always joking around with us and us with them.
I get to give a a talk every Sunday in sacrament and so I get to choose a new topic each week, and its so hard to find time to prepare it because every minute of every day is crammed full of class or meals of bathroom because of the meals or study time. The life here is so stressful, but so much fun and so so so so so so spiritual.each Sunday we have meeting after meeting after meeting, and then at night we get to watch a church movie, but most people sleep during it. I can teach in Spanish now for the most part, and pray and bless..etc... and it freak-in rocks. the food is literally going right through me that I have started bringing study material to the bathroom with me because it is so frequent. I feel like I'm losing weight again which is good. The whole city smells like the inside of a rotten pickle jar that was wiped with the same rag that was used for wiping a baby's butt. Es Bien though.
President Pratt, the CCM president is so cool and almost had a heart attack when he saw Weston and I next to each other, it was so funny. Can't send pics yet but I want too. Today we went to the temple as a branch, so 3 districts. It was so great, yet so hard. the Mexico Temple is so huge, easlily 3X the size of Denver's. it was a great time to relax though and be stress free. I have seen Weston a little bit, and its good to see him. He has been struggling. the reason i know this is because he told me and broke down in front of me on Sunday...i didn't know what to do. His companion didn't show up, which sucks, and he is in a threesome with another group of elders. My companion, and 2 other elder in my district and I fasted for him on Monday, and he seems to be doing better. He really misses home, especially Mom. I'm good, and very happy now that I'm here. and on Monday I completely forgot it was my birthday until like 10am, which sucked. I fasted on my BDay and its was a long day...whew. last night the new elder in my dorm gave me and Miskimens some WARHEADS and I ate mine and was fine.. however Miskimens almost died because he hates sour stuff. He popped it in his mouth and started crying, and then farted...it was so funny. we laughed more a half an hour.
anyway, I love it here, Miss you All, and I love you ALL!!!
ELDER [Mason] SCOTT,
P.S. Weston will email you around noon tomorrow
No comments:
Post a Comment