Spanish is so much fun. I had a rough day this week because my companion and I were the first in our class to a door approach...in Spanish. We had to do it 3 [] times till we could even talk, and she didn't let us in. She "had to go to work", but the spirit was so strong. I struggled with accepting the fact that every other companionship succeeded in their attempts. But I read in DC 46, 7 to 26, and my mind was instantly at peace and I knew why this had happened to us. Teaching is so fun, and I love it so much. I just wish it was in [] English, I could say everything...and they would understand everything that is said. but its all good. our last investigator is now our night teacher, he is so much fun. Class here is so fun...but its hard to focus for 4 hours at a time.
I am learning to play ping-pong which is so much fun. I'm stopped at losing weight, but I'm gaining my muscle back again. I climbed a palm tree, and got a picture of it. It was so hard. it has rained so much and man its so great. I'm sweatin like a toasted cheeser. My companion is in the grey shirt in one of the pics.
There is a pic of the Mexico temple in this email, with my whole district...all 8 of us. we have tons of fun together.
Spanish is coming so great, I'm able to say pretty much whatever, and I'm able to understand the native speakers\my teacher when they go hard core speaking fast.
I'm trying to read the Book of Mormon and El Libro de Mormon, Elder Kotipoke style, or side by side. Everything is getting better in the language. grammar to vocab, ITS ALL EXPANDING. I am so glad I'm learning Spanish. my investigators names are R, who I teach in the mornings, and D, who I teach at night. I teach D for the first time tonight, which is going to rock. Its so hard to prepare a lesson when you don't know a single thing about the investigator. Es bien though. we will most likely teach him about the restoration, and try to indirectly commit him to baptism, or whatever the spirit directs us to do. Each lesson i have literally waited to say something, then once I open my mouth,something else comes out or Spanish that i didn't know I knew come[s] out. its so weird. my companion is struggling because of this factor, and he claims to say that he doesn't know what the spirit feels like. por favor, pray for him.
Anyway, everyone gets excited when mail comes, and I'm sort of craving some...tell people to send me mail...but have them add their emails to them. its like Christmas.
I would love it if i could be sent that ankle brace that Wes used when he hurt his ankle. I sort of kind of did something stupid playing basketball. all i did was bruise my ankle, and it was worth it. I stuffed the [*] out of an Elder that won my team the game, and I kind of kept going forward as I landed, es bien though.
The most creative meal this week will have to have been the chicken. it was legs and wings, that were not quite skinned all the way. by this i mean they were hairy pieced of chicken. it was so gross, but i and my companion and I were so hungry, we didn't even care. a lot of the food has been fighting back on the surface because it is so sloppy. It just drips onto your shirt and then you to make that awkward trip up to pretty much any hermana, and ask for a tide-to-go like a 4 year old. its so embarrassing. I had to change my shirt twice in one day because I spilled on it twice, and after I changed, later, somebody dropped there food off their fork, and guess what...it splashed onto me. my luck sheesh. anyway needless to say I could us some of that oxymagic spray stuff. its magic. the stuff I have don't work at all.
That laundry incident from last week I took care of. I have one complete pair of pink colored garments complements to a star-burst prank...I was pretty...um...ill-tempered because those who did it left a note. I read the note, and guess who it was. the natives...who left two days [] earlier to go to the field....I was so mad i was laughing. it was such a good prank, because I cant get them back.
Anyway, I love it here, its so great. I don't want to be anywhere else except in the field.
Dad, in priest quorum, go over each lesson in predicad mi evangelio y teach them how to role play. Its so effective in learning how to teach, and learning the gospel. commit them to read the book of Mormon. have them read D&C 46 and that they all have different talents and that we cant be anybody else. We can only be like someone else, and that should always be Christ. always us predicad mi evangelio in your lessons because the fundamentals of the doctrines of Christ can be found anywhere in the manual. Para tener un testimonio, necesitamos actuar en nuestro fe en JESUCRISTO and rely on him and our Father in Heaven for help. El poder de Dios ayudaranos a hacer todos las cosas.
Please tell my Primary class that i love them and i hope they are enjoying their new teacher. I miss them and look forward to seeing them baptized when I get back. please tell Karen and the other Pugas that I love them and am grateful for their support. Tell Scott C that I am grateful for the suit again. And please tell all those who miss me, that its only two years, and I will be home then. tell the Rotheys I love them, and am grateful for their support as well.
Love You ALL MY DUDES
Remember: SIEMPRE FUERTE CON TODOS COSAS
Elder SCOTT
No comments:
Post a Comment