What is up my freaky family dudes! Man this place freakin rocks...tell everyone that if they get the chance to come here they should...cuz it rocks. mi español is muy bueno, yo puedo hablar solamente en español con nativos y puedo enseñar todos las lecciones ie español tambien. quiero ir a Boston, entonces tengo tres más semanas...matame. me gusta hablando soloamente en español porque puedo obtener mucha experiencia cuando uso la idioma que usaré en un mes. [ My Spanish is very good, I can speak only in Spanish with natives and can teach all the lessons in Spanish too. I want to go to Boston, but I have 3 more weeks. Kill Me!. I like speaking solely in Spanish because I can get a lot of experience when I use the language that I will be using in one month. ]
Anyway I should probably speak English because I know that most of you don't know what I am saying. My investigators are great, they both seem to be engaged in what we are teaching them which is so fantastic...but its tough to move on in the lesson each time because they don't follow through on commitments.
My most spiritual experience this week was when I was teaching R, my morning investigator. We talked acerca de oración [about prayer] because she didn't feel worthy to talk to God...I don't know what the heck is said but she was crying and so was my companion. I generally teach most of the lesson because I know a little more Spanish, and lets face it, I really love talking...who knew? Anyway, we had to pause in the middle of the lesson because people in another room were being irreverent, in a place where it is almost required, and R, our morning teacher, went out and like completely like almost yelled at them..it was awkward. but we continued the lesson and she said the closing prayer. I pretty much told her that God will look past what she has done because He wants her to talk to Him, I then asked her straight up if she would offer the closing prayer...it was so awesome...I wanted to shout for joy. D, my other investigator is bueno tambien [also good]. We have been trying to teach him the importance and role of el libro de Mormon and why its important in our lives. He is a non-active Católico [Catholic], which makes it slightly easier when i can use Ezekiel 37...palo [stick] of Judah \ Ephraim, which is such a great scripture to use...I love teaching the gospel...and I'm not scared.
I went to the temple today, and it was solamente [only] in español, which was so hard, but I understood almost every word...it was so great. I got some sweet new scripture cases for my Spanish copies, because I didn't find one here. I am not losing weight anymore, but I'm like losing size...My shirts are so huge on me. Es bien [It's good] though. My ankle is still hurting but the doctor is scary here, so i will not be going. i can still lift, play b-ball on it, and even play football, or cage soccer. yesterday i was playing against an elder from Norway...he is like 2 feet taller then me. anyway, I stole the ball from him, as i do every time (and he is so good at soccer) and I just kicked it with my left foot. I was just trying to clear the ball form my side (I was on defense) and I kicked it straight into the goal. The goals are only 6 feet wide. It was so cool and now I'm the cool Elder on the block..hehe.
I've decided that I'm going to try to lose 15 pounds by the time I leave, 20 days!!!!, which is going to rock.
That shoulder bag in the picture rocks...please get me that one.
Mail typically takes 11 to 12 days to get here so please send some before its too late. make sure it has my mission on it though, in case it comes late..
Dad, Escuchame ahorita [Listen to me right now] ...this is for Priest Quorum....you must incorporate that in every lesson. this aint no option. the priests even, the teacher and deacons, must start using that and knowing it. do role plays once a week or so. teach them the lessons and then have 2 priests role play each week for 10 min. if i can teach the restoration, plan of salvation, or doctrines of Christ in 5 min and less for each in Spanish, they sure can do it in English. This is so important. btw please tell Brother Coleman again how much I love him for everything.
I'm glad Bro Wandry said that about the atonement. it truly is more that the ability to overcome the natural man of being a sinner. The atonement of Christ is a power that we can all have and it truly enables us to make our lives so much better. through it, We receive blessings from God, and we also receive the power and strength of God and Christ to help us not make that bad choice again.
i bear testimony to you that i am here on a mission to help people understand and use the power of the atonement.
Dad, I encourage you to pick up your old Spanish scriptures and work on getting the language back..I know you can and it would be so great if we could talk in Spanish on the phone in two months, and when i get back. i don't use my English any more, except when we are doing an English activity. Its so hard but it is a test of faith, and i believe it was President Monson who said "the best way to learn a language it through reading and studying the book of Mormon in that language." aint nobody got time for English no more.
I hope all continues to go well, thanks for the Pic of my primary class, they are so awesome. i am proud of them. keep up the good work with hockey dad..if it hurts it is good for you.
Scripture of the week...Moroni 10:32...i encourage you all to take this to heart. go to lds.org and watch the come unto him...attributes of Christ video. its under youth messages or something. you will know which one it is when you watch it.
I love you all so much
No comments:
Post a Comment