Hey everybody!
I cannot believe that it is already [starting] week four! Its flying by now! I am having a blast, and learning so much!!! My companions are great attached is a picture of them and I in front of the Mexico City Temple! Today we did our first temple session in Spanish! It was so cool, hard, but I understood most of what was said.
Spanish is coming along so great, I can talk in Spanish all day if I choose to, we call them English fasts, and My teachers are great too! Hermano Rodriguez and Hermano Salazar only speak Spanish, but I understand everything that they say! I have had a million spiritual experiences this week and since I have been here. I have received many answers to prayers though my scripture reading, which I now am in 3rd Nephi Chapter 11. I read so fast now, even though I only have 1 hour a day for personal study! Once scripture is in Alma 38:5. Its a good one.
The teaching is great! I have two investigators both of which we have committed to coming to church with us this Sunday, also we are about to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ, which is my favorite lesson! My Spanish is a lot more advanced than that of my companions, so I end up getting carried away during lessons because they can't speak very much! I am starting to get frustrated when I write in English because I switch some words around on accident, my journal has a lot of bad grammar and Spanglish, but I cant help it! I truly understand what it means to teach with the spirit and it is so incredible!
Dad - that bag will be perfect for me! thanks for sending all that stuff to me at my mission home! My wrist hurts constantly, and I have fell on it a few more times, what can I say, I am my fathers son. Oh well though, everything is okay.
Tyler HAPPY BIRTHDAY sorry people bailed on you! ;) The doctor is not scary, Mason is just a pansy. I have also become a master at Ping Pong since I have been here, which is super important..... ;)I am getting more excited by the day to enter the field.
The weather is strange, it was cold for a while and rained for a long time every day, but now it is just HOT and sunny. No me gusta. It is hard to think of all the things that I want to share with you! Today at the temple, right after I ran over to the Zarahemla store, which is sooooo cool, and bought these sweet scripture cases and also a fat Mexican tie. Now I am at 23 ties! oh yeah! The food here is pretty good, especially the nutella and peanut butter sandwiches when the food is not good. My district makes fun of me because I have to go to the bathroom alot but I am not the worst anymore! Our old district leader has to go more often then me! HAHA! Finally right!? They also make fun of me because I drink about half a gallon of milk every single night. What can I say, its good stuff. I am super good at futsul now and can even juggle the ball a total of 5 times now. New record! haha.
I wish I could just talk in person, emails are hard, especially on this super strange Spanish keyboard. Oh before I forget, that laundry bag you ot me Mom, yeah I am going to need a new one. I picked up the first week for the first time, and I tore the length of the bag. Cool right? I didn't even mean to do it! I have never enjoyed reading the scriptures as much as I do now, which is awesome! My district and I just bought these new authentic Mexico jerseys with our names and a number on the back! They are black with gold and red stripes! Woot Woot!
I am officially the only one in my zone that has not received mail. Elder Wharton one of my companion gets mail almost everyday, so I have forced him to let me open the big boxes. Not cool. please send letters!!! UGH. My testimony is growing everyday, and the hermanas in my district have said that every time I bear my testimony that they almost cry. I guess that is a good thing right? I also have dads gene if you know what I mean. hint hint.
Tell Kalani that I could swim like I can because I am a man.
Spencer, congrats on your reassignment to Roseville, CA thats exciting! Sorry about the Visa problem, everything will work out in the end, besides, now California will have have the two BEST missionaries right?
Victoria! I hope everything is going great at school! Write me please!
Chuck- everything is amazing, and I bet that it was super weird coming home and it being a ghost town! I only have one hour allotted each week for emailing, so sorry for not splitting up the emails! I am incredibly grateful for all of you and hope to here from you! Please send letters please. I love you all!
Spanish is coming along so great, I can talk in Spanish all day if I choose to, we call them English fasts, and My teachers are great too! Hermano Rodriguez and Hermano Salazar only speak Spanish, but I understand everything that they say! I have had a million spiritual experiences this week and since I have been here. I have received many answers to prayers though my scripture reading, which I now am in 3rd Nephi Chapter 11. I read so fast now, even though I only have 1 hour a day for personal study! Once scripture is in Alma 38:5. Its a good one.
The teaching is great! I have two investigators both of which we have committed to coming to church with us this Sunday, also we are about to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ, which is my favorite lesson! My Spanish is a lot more advanced than that of my companions, so I end up getting carried away during lessons because they can't speak very much! I am starting to get frustrated when I write in English because I switch some words around on accident, my journal has a lot of bad grammar and Spanglish, but I cant help it! I truly understand what it means to teach with the spirit and it is so incredible!
Dad - that bag will be perfect for me! thanks for sending all that stuff to me at my mission home! My wrist hurts constantly, and I have fell on it a few more times, what can I say, I am my fathers son. Oh well though, everything is okay.
Tyler HAPPY BIRTHDAY sorry people bailed on you! ;) The doctor is not scary, Mason is just a pansy. I have also become a master at Ping Pong since I have been here, which is super important..... ;)I am getting more excited by the day to enter the field.
The weather is strange, it was cold for a while and rained for a long time every day, but now it is just HOT and sunny. No me gusta. It is hard to think of all the things that I want to share with you! Today at the temple, right after I ran over to the Zarahemla store, which is sooooo cool, and bought these sweet scripture cases and also a fat Mexican tie. Now I am at 23 ties! oh yeah! The food here is pretty good, especially the nutella and peanut butter sandwiches when the food is not good. My district makes fun of me because I have to go to the bathroom alot but I am not the worst anymore! Our old district leader has to go more often then me! HAHA! Finally right!? They also make fun of me because I drink about half a gallon of milk every single night. What can I say, its good stuff. I am super good at futsul now and can even juggle the ball a total of 5 times now. New record! haha.
I wish I could just talk in person, emails are hard, especially on this super strange Spanish keyboard. Oh before I forget, that laundry bag you ot me Mom, yeah I am going to need a new one. I picked up the first week for the first time, and I tore the length of the bag. Cool right? I didn't even mean to do it! I have never enjoyed reading the scriptures as much as I do now, which is awesome! My district and I just bought these new authentic Mexico jerseys with our names and a number on the back! They are black with gold and red stripes! Woot Woot!
I am officially the only one in my zone that has not received mail. Elder Wharton one of my companion gets mail almost everyday, so I have forced him to let me open the big boxes. Not cool. please send letters!!! UGH. My testimony is growing everyday, and the hermanas in my district have said that every time I bear my testimony that they almost cry. I guess that is a good thing right? I also have dads gene if you know what I mean. hint hint.
Tell Kalani that I could swim like I can because I am a man.
Spencer, congrats on your reassignment to Roseville, CA thats exciting! Sorry about the Visa problem, everything will work out in the end, besides, now California will have have the two BEST missionaries right?
Victoria! I hope everything is going great at school! Write me please!
Chuck- everything is amazing, and I bet that it was super weird coming home and it being a ghost town! I only have one hour allotted each week for emailing, so sorry for not splitting up the emails! I am incredibly grateful for all of you and hope to here from you! Please send letters please. I love you all!
With love,
Your Favorite Missionary
Elder Weston Scott
No comments:
Post a Comment