Monday, December 9, 2013

[Mason] howdy to all those who are cold as well

It is so spankin cold here all the time, like seriously, it doesn't warm up...I get up in the morning and have to scrape the car, 3 hours before we go use it. Buts its all good fun. please do not send me the ipod, just send CDs and what not, yes pictures of the fam...the ones that we just barely took. I don't need anything for the cold weather, people literally buy us expensive stuff because they want to.  I will go ahead and purchase tennis shoes here since you cant find them..and the next package you send...be it soon or whenever please send my old church shoes, with shoe goo...just in case. Thanks for the package with the cookies, which I finally got, they were so hard...but its all good. why cant you send me my new pillow?

Anyway this last week was great, we did so much that the week pretty much flew by, which makes it difficult to talk about the week because I don't remember anything. let me see...

MONDAY...after emailing we went down to the Amherst church building, where the sisters in our district are, to film a Christmas skit video for our mission party in a few weeks...its so funny. we then proceeded to a members house to eat dinner and share a message that night.

Tuesday...I got up, worked out, showered, ate some cereal, and then studied (the usual morning) and then we left to go contact some less actives and do mormon.org/mormon channel stuff at the Chicopee library. we did contacting for almost the entire day, and then had dinner at the M.....s (who are Samoan!!!) and we had some great food. (Springfield is full of Samoans and Boricuas (Puerto Ricans)). I shared a message with them and then we went home.

Wednesday...pretty much the same thing as above.

Thursday...we contacted for a while, and then we went over to this house to give a non-memeber a blessing. Hermano N..., a less-active member is friends with this guy, and he was there as well. this guy, Ra..., and his caretaker, Be...., were there. Ra... is a current lung cancer patient and he pretty much only speaks Spanish. and its in a raspy whispery voice, so I cant understand a single word. anyway, when we got there he could barely even speak at all, and this was going on for a few weeks I guess, and so we gave him a blessing to be healed and after the blessing we all waited in silence and then Ra... tried to speak. and before you could just slightly hear him, and so he began to speak, in the super quiet, discernible voice, and by the 5th or so word, his voice all of a sudden was 10x louder...it was sooooooooo cooooooool. I was like booo yaaaa...jk. he was so happy after it. we set up an appt to teach him on Saturday, and he said that he was going to come to church on Sunday, with Hermano N....

Friday...Zone conference about some up the morning to about 3pm, and then we had our ward Christmas party. this day was so great because we had set a goal with our ward to bring 1 non-member from each auxillary unit, and they all did. I was so busy at the party talking. anyway I set an appt with Ro... to go over and teach a lesson, and Ro.... is the one that I talked about before, he is a non-member, but has started to come to church, and his mom was excommunicated a long time ago...but anyway we set the appt for Sat as well.

Saturday!!!...usual morning routine. lesson with Ra.......restoration.. I tried to help teach and elder Romero would literally tell me what to talk about and I did but I couldn't follow anything they were really saying. then we tried to set a baptism date...he said not yet he wants to learn more...great! We can help...its was great...he didn't show up at church though, but I think he is sick or something because he wasn't feeling to good on Sat. then we went to teach Ro... we didn't get to the lesson because he just wanted to play his guitar for us and talk about stuff, but we have another lesson this week with him. at 7pm, the BYU bball team came to the stake center and we all got to go to it and hear them speak...which is funny because they lost their game earlier that day, but they had some super powerful messages. and I got to see the mission president...he seemed a little frustrated because of my companion's knee getting hurt again, but I talked to him and he was like I'm not mad at you, I'm sad because Romero is making the situation and your training harder.   I reassured him that all will be ok.  I love President Packard so much.

Sunday...church time baby...lets see, I pretty much had the best day ever. I dont know why, but its was really good. Ro... was there, and he is doing really great,but he struggles, it seems, with smoking...but also with weed.  I happened to glance over in his house, and there was this little pot of soil with a green stem growing up and it made me laugh so hard when I got back to my house that night. but I'm so happy right now. He (Ro...) bought me and Romero each a pair of leather gloves from Banana Republic...we are talking $90 dollar gloves here... I love that guy.

Anyway the mission is great, and I guess if you want you can send me my ipod, I believe its in the casio container in my room...its in the watch case...I believe. no me recuerdo exactamente. but cds are great too. Disney/church stuff is great.

Spriritual Message...and cool fact. President Packards 1st counselor is Clayton Christensen, aka the author of your fav book...and anyway.... the spirit works is so many ways my friends. at the M...s house at dinner I talked about success in missionary work and how it comes not through how many people we bring to the gospel, but if we simply invite and ask. Even if the answer is not, we have success because we asked and invited. anyway i taught about this, and in elders quorum, Brother M... was teaching about examples and the example that Joseph Smith set in doing all things. And I guess something I taught Brother M... stuck and he talked about what he felt and he learned form the lesson (I taught him...I dont really remember anything I taught the guy though. We must remember that we can not keep our mouths closed to share the gospel.  We have to open them and not be afraid to talk...because the Lord will fill us with what to say... I have experienced this.  Please always remember that fear only exists because satan wants it to.  He wants us to be afraid because then we don't act, or we don't do that one thing that will help us or someone else come closer to the Savior or jump onto the path of righteousness.  Always take courage with you wherever you go, for that is one of our strongest weapons against satan.

I love you all and I will talk to you next week
Elder Mason Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment