Wednesday, December 18, 2013

[Weston] Another week in PARADISE!

To whom it may concern (So everyone),

Buenas! How is everyone these days? It is super crazy to think that it is almost Christmas! I left before my Birthday, and now it is Christmas. Super cool right?  I am killing it out here haha as well as we can do anyways. We have tons of investigators, 5 baptismal dates, all within the next 30 days, and the teaching is going so well.  We went on exchanges, and that is where I noticed the difference. Elder Urrutia, my exchange companion, forced me to do everything by myself.  It was shocking at first.  Knocking is not easy especially when they don't speak a language you can recognize haha, namely Spanish at 100 miles an hour. But I did it.  We got a new investigator out of it. Ward Coordination meetings are cool now to, because I understand what the topic is haha, I can respond to questions directed at out companionship, and the leaders don't sense my lack of language skills.  I am finally gaining Spanish as a strength in my missionary efforts. Elder Scott, I am going to do the same as you and read El Libro de Mormon completely in Spanish.  We have been doing so much stuff this week and have not had enough time to do all of our studies. It has been a little frustrating. But all is well. Elder Vincent is growing on me a little bit, it is easier to live with him, I just had to set boundaries, which is good now.  He makes these sound effects in the car, I kid you not, he is the funniest person I have ever met when he does his sound effects.  It is absolutely insane.  I don't know how he does it.

The weather here is not too bad now.  It was super cold for a while, okay not like Colorado with snow, but cold for Californians.  Church has been super duper good.  We have been getting a lot of less actives back and new investigators to church. Woot Woot!  We had a serious miracle, a less active who was not married and has 2 kids finally quit his job and flat out told me, "Elder, I want to change. I am coming back to church, and going to get married.  My wife is going to be baptized, and I am going to go to the temple with her." It was sooooo great. This guy and his wife V.... and L.... , and there two kids A.... and E...., are so awesome. They love the church. High five anybody? I think so!

We also started facebook this week and other church sites, and email and blogs and other things. The thing was, was that we had to make a facebook profile, and deactivate our old ones, we all did that, but some of us, something weird happened. We ended up getting locked out of our new profiles, and had to send in a government ID to use the account. We figured out that it was because we all have the same name Elder, all the same phone numbers pretty much, and the fact that we are not registered to the phone numbers made it so that they locked the accounts.  So now we are going to use our old ones. We have to clean them up and take almost everything off them.  Please do not get on it if you do already, I changed the password and everything so no problem I hope. We get an hour a day every day for media time. Facebook is going to be super helpful I think, but it is a one strike game. No mess-ups or else, no computers for anything including emails, for the rest of the mission. Crazy right? We also get Ipads or surfaces or some kind of tablet at the beginning of the new year, to replace the pocket planners.  Everything will be on the tablets. Cool huh? I am excited. We get to take them home after the mission too! Oh yeah!

Well lets see, I have officially decided that Californians cannot drive.  Including my own companion.  He sucks at it, I almost die every day.  We were supposed to get a brand new off the line Ford fusion this week, to replace our Dodge Caravan that has over 62000 miles on it. But that didn't happen.  Apparently the AP's think that we need the slightly newer Dodge Caravan.  Dang. Those Fords are sweet man! Thanks for the dope speaker dad! Everyone loves it! And the Tunes you sent. It rules. I am having a great time here in the CALI!

Monday 9th - Marked 2 months in mission. No biggie. Also it was pday.  It was a super fun day. Got to play Volleyball with the zone.

Tuesday - we drove around for days. (long time) we had to take Elder Urrutia to the doctor for his acne. Something here game him acne, he didn't have any until he arrived here, I saw pictures, crazy! We also had a super good soup for dinner by this family the McC.....'s . They are super cool. We through down some doctrine about prayer and scriptures in SPANISH at one of our eternigators (eternal investigator) because he just wont pray about anything. Nobody can know of spiritual truths without prayer. I actually talk better about that in Spanish haha.

Wednesday - Distinct meeting and lunch.  We went to some Greek place, and I had this awesome Gyro. It was deliciosa. Went to President Bowens house and dropped off Elder Arevalo, and were a trio for the night. It was fun. we found several new people to teach. Exciting stuff!

Thursday - Training meeting on Facebook and the new media we can use. But also I had a doctors appointment. Remember, never drink the water in mexico. It is dangerous haha.

Friday - I took a test online for Spanish training stuff, it was dumb. And we visited a lot of people. Taught some intense lessons. We taught one of our investigators named Al... , about the plan of salvation, and the atonement specifically. It was sad because we didn't finish the whole plan with him. He had to go. Ten minutes after our lesson, his grandpa in mexico died. AHH it was so sad, but I know that the rest of the plan of salvation will help him so much.

Saturday - Taught some lessons but I was on exchanges with Elder urrutia. he is so cool. He really helped me a lot with my Spanish, and gave me new ideas of how to study. Boo yah! We also went to the buffet place for dinner. Yumm.

Sunday - We had church which was awesome. We switch to 9 at the new year, and have our first missionary meeting at 7 in the morning every other Sunday morning. Fun. We also had this sick Sunday nativity program. It was live! the people that live here are so incredibly talented!

Monday - Tried to set up facebook, didn't work, and also went to a bike store to buy Elder Arevalo a bike. He got a sick bike. and visited President Bowen again for an assignment Arevalo has. Didn't get p-day. kind of sucked.

Tuesday - District meeting, and Interviews with the President. Went great! He is so amazing. Had tamales for dinner with one of the ward missionaries. She is so cool! Mar....! So cool!

That was the week and a half. I am truly working really hard out here. And learning so much. I have a testimony of this work, that nothing in this world can break down. I love this church and this gospel. Thanks for all the support and love! Note to all of you, I write letters, so write me and then I can have your address. Thanks!

Your favorite missionary in CALI,

Elder Weston Scott


Read Doctrine and Covenants 6:33-37 when you can :) It rules and section 7 as well!




No comments:

Post a Comment