Hello Everyone!
I hope all are doing well this Christmas season! I cannot believe it has already been 2 months. It does not feel like it has been that long! Crazy! I do not know if anyone would think this to, but I thought that California would be warm year round. But instead, it is freezing. Okay not freezing, but it is the 40's most of the time here. It is quite cold here. I am not thrilled about that, plus is rains a lot here too. Santa Ana is strange, I never would have thought that it was like this. Anyways, all is good with life here in California. Two months of training down, another 2 and some to go. Training is super fun. Okay maybe not that fun. I wish that I could be done already and have a clue of what I am doing, but sad to say, I do not. I am learning a lot though. Spanish is hard still, and I hope that I can start understanding better real soon, It is interesting, during lessons when I get off because I don't know what is going on, I just sit there, and feel embarrassed. I really hope that changes. Anyways, the food is killing me here. I cannot stop eating the food I mean. Tortillas beans rice enchiladas, posole, tacos, lengua, everything is so bomb. I cannot stop eating. But I have increased my working out schedule because of it. I work out in the morning and before I go to bed because other wise I would probably die of fatness. Mexican food rocks! Alright let me break down my week for everyone.
Monday - Monday we had to go to the Doctor for my companion, he is having a serious problem that I cannot mention for fear of him finding out. But that pretty much took up my whole day. I wrote 5 letters also, but had no stamps, which I was not happy about. Then we taught out investigator family I....y A... , who are cool, but they just think way to had about everything. Plus I... used to be a JDubb ( Jehova's Witness) So they are always easy to teach! ;)
Tuesday - Tuesday we taught few lessons, to our recent convert B...., and other investigators. Just a normal day. The families in out ward are getting mad at me and Elder Vincent because we have a car and the sisters are on a bike, but they crashed their car, and my comp. Has a medical problem that keeps him in a car, and the members seriously yell at us because of it, and we cant do anything about it. Coach, Help? (anyone got ideas?)
Wednesday - Zone meeting, and studying. we put up Christmas lights on our ward mission leaders home, that was super fun! I love doing service, but it is super cold here. So sometimes It really is not service with a smile.
Thursday - we taught B...again, which is sad, because she is like 75, and lives in a garage. She freezes all the time and we have nothing that we can give her to keep her warm. She is always sick, but she loves the church which is awesome. Tonight I think we are going over to give a blessing.
Friday - we taught our most progressing investigator A... . He is 16 and so cool! He loves to skateboard, and he is getting baptized on the 29th, we have a lot to teach him still, but he comes to church all the time. It rocks! We also taught another investigator who struggles with the Word of Wisdom, he cannot stop drinking. We are dropping him because I wont do anything that we ask him. He does not want to change, It is very sad for us because He would be so great in the church.
Saturday - we knocked a ton, as in for 3 hours in an apartment complex, I started some discussions and we only found 3 new investigators, which is awful. Nobody would open their doors. But We had a member with us the whole time so that was cool.
Sunday - Studying, meetings, Church, and dinner. Then the Christmas Devotional It was a great day, we topped it off at a members home with Hot Chocolate.
This week was super good! I learned a lot about myself, and I know that my mission is improving my life. I am changing, and helping others change. The refiner's fire is comparable to the mission. I honestly could not ask for a better mission to serve in, but If I could choose a companion well I am fairly certain that Mi gemelo (my twin) and I would rock the socks off everyone here. I know that I am here for a reason and I cannot wait to finish training and get out there and focus 100% of my time on others! I love you all and cannot to hear from you all next week!
Your favorite missionary in the CALI,
Elder Weston Scott
P.S. Please write letters!
No comments:
Post a Comment