Monday, December 30, 2013

[Weston] First Transfer over? Wait, what?... Wow...


Hey everybody? Como estan mis amigos, espero que ustedes esten listos para el ano Nuevo! Se que estoy listo! Tengo muchas metas para el ano Nuevo, y voy a tener exito en estas. Gracias por todo el apoyo que me dan, y tambien por las cartas que me mandarin! Me encanta a recibir correo! :) [ How are you my friends, I hope you are ready for the new year! I know I am ready!  I have a lot of goals for the new year, and I know I will have success in these. Thanks for all your support you have given me.  And also ask the letters you have sent me! I love receiving letters!]  Hey everyone I sincerely hope that all is well back home! The new year is approaching very fast is it not? T-minus 2 days! Crazy right? Did everyone enjoy Christmas? I know I did! Everything I got Rocks! I cant wait for next year haha! Anyways, is there anything new going on back home that I have not heard about yet? If so, keep me updated! Well not really, It doesn't matter that much! The only thing that matters is what I am doing here in Santa Ana, California! Saving lives NBD (no big deal, for those who are old... ;)) Anyways, the mission is fantastic. My zone was complimented by our mission president. President Bowen said, If we were chosen to make a District 3 (training videos), I would choose the Santa Ana East zone. Oh yeah!

We are having a ton of success in my area specifically. We had another baptism this past Tuesday (Christmas Eve). He is twelve years old, and his name is I.... He is absolutely incredible. I had the opportunity of confirming him this past Sunday during church, in Spanish, woot woot! I will be honest, it was a bit of a struggle, but everyone that I talked to about it said that it made perfect sense, my grammar was pretty much all correct. One of the members here, Hermano Sw......, served here a long time ago, and now lives here. He is a Spanish teacher now, and he told me that for the first time doing it, It sounded like I had several transfers under my belt. Cool I guess, I am still waiting patiently for the day that it all just clicks, and I understand what people actually say to me. For now I am just guessing. "Fake it till you make it right?" I have tried many different ways to study the Espanol, mainly because there are so many different ways to do the Estudias.

Let me give you all a rundown of this week! Just note, it was Christmas, so it was very hard to get a lot of lessons. Aight?

Monday - Did some studies, went to the other Elders apartment to get Vincent's hair cut, emailed, went to target to get a white elephant gift for the zone activity, and then played some serious sports, Basketball and Volleyball, oh yeah! I got a tortilla warmer with a nativity set on the front of it, and I gave a dog toy, and this AMC movie ticket I found in my wallet from back home. WE went and visited a bunch of members that night to remind them all of the Baptism that would be held the next day.

Tuesday - Had some killer studies, and then went and visited I..... our investigator who would be baptized that day, and reminded him that he needed to choose some one to baptize and confirm him. He chose an older elder to baptize him, Elder Wagstaff, and then chose me to confirm him. I was like, wait what? Ahhh! Spanish! Ahh! But it was all good. The baptism came through, and we had mostly only elders at the baptism. I....'s parents are divorced and are less active, and they were basically told to go back to church during the talk at the Baptism, because of their son now. It was awesome. We also had a different investigator there too. It was a great baptism!

Wednesday - Christmas baby! Opened gifts as a district of us four elders! Smallest district in the mission (not any more though). Called home from the atmojo family's home, and then at dinner with the bishop. It was so good. Handed out some gifts to little kids and yeah that was basically out Christmas, nothing to big, back to the apartment by 9 and in bed by 10:30. :)

Thursday - Back to work! WE taught Ef...., who is doing awesome! We taught another family named Ga...., they have a little daughter, who was so cute! She was way cool too! she was like 3 years old! We also had a district meeting.

Friday - Weekly planning session, visited Ef...., and S..... Had a good talk about Eternal Marriage with S..... It was cool. She is incredibly nice, It is fun talking to her. She really helps out with the Spanish.

Saturday - We had exchanges. I got to drive the Zone leader's car. It was so fun, but I am a little rusty. However I am still a pro at parallel parking. But, I pulled a Mason. as I was taking my stuff out of the trunk of the car the night before, and well I left the keys in the trunk... they never made it to my pocket. But the car was unlocked so I did not panic. Then I went to pull the trunk lever inside the car, but guess what, it was broken. It had not been fixed yet. Que mala suerte! UGH! So Elder Prieto gave me the spare key, which was only a valet key, so still could not get everything out but it was all good. It was pretty funny. But driving felt good. I hope I can drive soon, because Elder Vincent is very bad at it. Whiplash every time he hits the brakes. He doesn't like to pay attention. I am surprised I am even alive.... But exchanges were pretty good, I learned a lot, Elder Prieto is from Peru. He is way cool.

Sunday - We had Church, I got to confirm I... a member of the Church, and Ef..... was confirmed by my companion. We visited our investigator named Gu........ and taught her about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was a great lesson.

Well I have to go now, but it was a great week! We have transfers today so our district is 33% new. I am loving my mission so far. I can see everyday now the message of the Gospel is changing people's lives. It is so incredible! I can not believe that 1/8th of my mission is already complete. No way! Time is flying! It is scary! I love you all so much, and can not wait to hear from you next week. If you find any free time, write! Thanks for all the support!

Your Favorite Missionary in CALI,

Elder Weston Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment