Monday, December 2, 2013

[Mason] Week 8

This last week was a solid week ending on one superb and ultimate ending, Baptism....yes I said it, we had a baptism, which means we have one more joining the ranks of our itty bitty ward here in Springfield. we have maybe 100 people in our ward, which covers about 15 cities...my zone is the biggest zone in the mission, with the fewest members.  but it don't matter because there is still work to be done.

Anyway so this last week was turkey week, which rocked for so many reasons except one...I will start with that. Now on Thursday, you know turkey day, there is the tradition all over of playing in a so called turkey bowl, or in simpler terms, football. now my companion, Elder Romero, weeks ago had torn his ACL playing football, decided to play.  Now I warned him and told him its not a good idea, but who on earth listens to a greenie, or the one person in the mission that knows most about the freakin knee....anyway, we start playing and we are about 20 or 30 minutes in and the ball is thrown to my companion...and all of a sudden I look over (I was playing line at the time on the opposite team) because I heard almost like a hysterical laugh cry thing.  Its my companion...ahhh crap not again.  Elder Romero now has a possible torn MCL and LCL aka he is in deep doodoo, and it doesn't help the situation when we need to be on our feet all day long. anyway we don't know whats going to happen yet so I will keep y'all updated. 

Good stuff this week, besides El Bautismo,...we had three dinners on Thursday, which were all super great, but super painful. Boricuas son muy dificil a gustar durante la Dia de Thanksgiving. um I have a lovely bruise on my face from football, because of line and being able to dominate out there.  Lets just say I miss rugby and being able to hit someone.  Nobody stopped me on the line, I had the quarter back running from me every play. hehe...anyway more on the baptism, his name is T.... he is 11 and the rest of his family had been baptized a while ago.  They are all recent converts.   His date was already set before I got there but it don't matter I am counting it. it was really funny though because nobody remembered to fill the font, so I go ahead and do it and when the baptism rolls around, the font was barely above the knees...so we had to show them how to do it and so I practiced with the bishops son who is Tyler's age.   And freak man a straight legged baptism is so hard, and it doesn't help when the kid weighs as much as you, but is still successfully showed them and the baptism was a success, and so awesome.

Anyway, like Elder W Scott, my companion is also district leader, but now it seems like I am as well because Elder Romero is broken right now.  I will be getting my package on Wednesday and the mission office can't send them on to us for some reason, and don't worry about the other package right now, do it when you get home, and add my red sperrys if you can. 

Anyway helping with the duties of a DL is so awesome and it is such a  great learning experience. We had exchanges on Fri/sat this week and I went with Elder Becarri.  He and I taught like 4 lessons total together and we had one person drop us because her mom went to jail the night before and had to watch her sibling, but she still wants to meet with us. 

Spiritual Thought of the week
We all have so many trials in our lives, ones that we have gone through already, ones that we are currently going through, and ones that we will go through sooner or later. these trials are to make us who our Father In Heaven wants us to become. think of it like this...there once was this garden where there was not much growing except for a huge current bush. the gardener, who had just purchased this plot of land, saw this giant bush. he took out his hedge trimmers and trimmed tit back until the bush was tin y and bare, just enough to survive. as he was finishing, he thought he heard a voice say why did you do that, why did you cut me down, i was growing so well, doing so well, why did you cut me down. and the gardener looked at the bush, seeing tears on every part he clipped, and he responded saying, look i am the gardener here, i know what i want you to become, and that is a current bush, one with fruit and beauty.  I cut you down so that you can become what I want you to become....our Father in Heaven is our gardener. No matter what trust in him and know that whatever happens in our lives, our Father in Heaven loves us and he knows what we can handle and He knows what we need to become. Remember, that as we progress in life the hand of the Lord is in all things we do, just embrace whatever obstacle enters your life with gratefulness.

Anyway, this week I have an investigator who doesn't speak much English, and she pretty much only speaks chinese, her name is S.. or R..., and she is a rockstar. also yesterday at church, and all day,  I was getting asked by people left and right to come and give a blessing and by far, yesterday was my favorite day to be here. I love this work and I know that I am here in Springfield for a reason, y este razon yo no se ahorita, pero verdaderamente, hay un razon y Dios sabe las cosas que necesito hacer porque  Dios me concoce y me ama. [and this reason I do not know right now, but truly there is a reason and God  knows the things I need to do because God knows and loves me ]

Mi espanol esta progresando, pero is dificil ahorita porque estoy en un area que no tiene muchas personas que haban espanol, y enseno lecciones en ingles much del tiempo. [My spanish is progressing, but it is difficult right now because I am in an area that does not have many people that speak spanish, and we teach lessons in English much of the time]   Elder Romero and I are getting along, but it seems that he doesn't trust me that much and so its making it a little harder.  It's all good though, because I know what I need to do, and everything will work out. I know it will.

We have this guy named R... and his Mom, V..., that are coming to the church and are showing desires to learn more.  We also have a lot of less actives and inactives that have started to realize the church is what they need...its so great. but anyway love you all and I will try to send pics now

have fun and take luck
Elder Scott







and my camera got pranked by my ZLs and so they decided to leave pics and go though all of my pics tambien




No comments:

Post a Comment