Monday, December 2, 2013

[Weston] Week 8



Hello Everyone!

I hope everyone back home is doing well and those of my amigos that are on their missions as well are getting ready for a very white Christmas (Baptisms Baby!)! My ward, the Santa Ana 5th ward, is boss. We have just over a hundred active members and they rock! I love them all, they are super supportive and help me speak Spanish, it is very much appreciated, because dang. I do not understand anything that is said at Church, I would not consider the Spanish here to be Spanish. Anyways let me break up the week for everybody!

Monday - Elder Vincent and I cleaned the apartment, studied, Comered (ate Lunch), emailed, went shopping, then played basketball with the zone leaders and others, then went to President Bowens house and then went to teach A... one of our investigators, and set a baptismal date for the 29 of December, Boo yah!

Tuesday - We studied, went to the Microsoft store (that's where we use the computers) and did Mormon.org work, went and taught a few investigators, and then I got sick and retired early for the night. I have been sick for the past seven weeks, and President Bowen thinks I have a parasite from Mexico that has decided to take up residency in my stomach.

Wednesday - We had a zone meeting in which I got to discuss my investigators with the zone and President Bowen. We later finished our studies and then taught our investigators name I... y A... . All of their questions are going to be answered in our next lesson about the Plan of Salvation, which I am super excited about. By the way, almost all the teaching we do is in Spanish, which is great, but I think I am awful at Spanish still. Ugh. I also tried my first Lengua this day. Or tongue for those who no espeakie espanish. I liked it until I found out what it was, during the meal! Ugh man that was interesting!

Thursday - Thanksgiving baby! We had our weekly planning session this day because we were not allowed to play in a turkey bowl or do anything for thanksgiving, because it is just another normal work day here, dang right?   Not that the population even really plays any football here haha. Pretty much only soccer here. We had 2 dinner appointments with ward members. Both of which I became pregnant, but I figured out how to do that Polynesian trick to compact food in my stomach. Boo yah! It totally works. I will attach a Picture of our second dinner with the Lopez family.  N...  is in the middle, he is handicapped and 30 years old, he is so awesome, he knows Spanish and English, and he only works out with the missionaries, and it is always only INSANITY. I haven't gotten to do it with him yet. I was close on Saturday night but it was canceled.

Friday - We let our food babies shrink, and then studied, went to see our investigator L... , but ended up talking to her less-active husband about trucks and cars.... It was cool. Then Went to see I... our other investigator, and ended up teaching is less active mom about reading the scriptures and praying as a family. She was pretty into it!  We then knocked a few doors with no success, and then went and taught out investigator named A... about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and a little about the Plan of Salvation(Happiness) and he was way into it. It was great, I lead the discussion. We had these amazing empanadas for dinner, I created another food baby that night. :) After dinner, we had another appointment with E... y R... and I lead the lesson about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I was so amazed about his responses. He always says "Amen Brother" in a hilarious accent. He does not know English. I love E... . My Spanish isn't great, but he helps me too, which is so awesome.

Saturday - We did exchanges this day, and Elder Arevalo was my companion, he has been out like 7 months, and he does not like greenies, or ever have a good attitude. But I got to try out the biking scene for missionaries, and it is way different than having a car.... But I can roll with either or I guess. Arevalo hates biking, and is really slow, which makes me slow because I didn't know the area hahaha. Oh well! We didn't teach too many lessons that day. I helped the Lopez family install a brand new oven in their house after dinner too. We were supposed to work out with N... , but we were late, we got way lost. My friend a cockroach, crawled on my arm. Gross!!!! Then when Elder Vincent picked me up I found out some other interesting news. There have been some visitors that haven't been paying rent in our apartment, namely bed bugs, that got me pretty good, ouch! So we have bedbugs and cockroaches up the wazoo, I am fairly certain that I have never been this calm about bugs, ask anybody, and we will probably get a new apartment soon. YAY!

Sunday - Ward missionary meeting or whatever it is called, it was good, and then we had testimony meeting, because it was fast sunday, and then we studied the rest of the day. We had dinner at a members home, who fed me my favorite meal so far. MMMMMM so good. Then we studied again after dinner. We had one investigator show up to church and it was Efrain! He is so great! But he cancelled on us for our lesson!

Now we are here! I have been loving everything! I really would like some mail though! Send goodies if you can! Elder Vincent is teaching me a lot, but is getting impatient for some reason, its frustrating, I am new still, and I have a lot of questions. The only address for mail is the mission office address 2500 north Bristol street, santa ana CA, 92706. That is the only one everyone uses. Tell everyone I say hi and to keep on doing what you are doing! Our investigators with baptismal dates are E... and  R... , A... and I... . I am so excited for them because they are all scheduled for this month! Boo yah! I know That I have been chosen to this work and it is right for me! I love you all! Stay strong!

Thanks for everything, your favorite Missionary and stripling warrior!

Elder Weston Scott




No comments:

Post a Comment