Lynn Lynn, The City of Sin, You don't come back the way you went in, You ask for water, they'll hand you Gin, if you're not bad, they wont let you in, its the damndest city I've ever lived in, Lynn Lynn, the City of Sin, you don't come back, the way you went in.
Buenos Dias mi familia y amigos, how are all of you. Have I got some news for all of you....I have now been given the the best area in the mission, not because the work is easy, or because there are so many people to teach, but because the work is so slow and small and I get to make it rise. Lynn will become the greatest area ever, and hopefully a ward! it is nothing like Springfield out here, and the work is ALL in Spanish,....con muchos Puerto Ricuenos ya Dominicanos y mi espanol es muy mal, es como yo soy un nuevo missionero. [
with many Puerto Ricans and Dominicans and my Spanish is very bad, its like I am a new misisonary! ] but its all fun. My companion Elder Tuckett or Tuck, is so fun...we are like two freakin peas that came from the same freakin pod....its a good transfer....but we only have one problem...neither of us know Spanish!.
I have come to the conclusion that God really does answer prayers (I came to know that a long time ago)...because, I am not the District Leader (yay) and I'm not in the Branch presidency...yet...but I'm not. I just get to focus on the work here and learn Spanish....which I'm going to have to do really fast. The sisters in our ward don't know Spanish either...and I am pretty sure that I know the most Spanish in the Lynn branch for missionaries even though there is a sister that has been out for a year. It is tough, but it is fun. Our branch mission leader, Hermano Paredes, is the coolest guy and most humble man on the planet, I kid you not, and I'm pretty sure and I am convinced that he is one of the 3 Nephites....jk. Presidente fuentes, our Branch president is so cool, and he is so much fun to talk to. I love this branch so much, pero no la conozco todavia [
but I don't yet know it ] because I was in Springfield on Sunday for the baptism of Sister Underwood. however, I am getting to know the ward slowly.
In the past 4 of 5 days, my Spanish has improved so much and I think I've done more Spanish work in the past few days than I have my whole mission....which is so wacked. I am in a four elder apartment now, and the other elders, Henrie and Spencer, are so fun...we go and play sports in the mornings to wake up or some of us go to the gym, but we are all active and I am guaranteed to drop a few pounds, and plus the members out here don't really feed the missionaries to much, so I don't have to worry about being stuffed, but just the opposite.
I have SALEM in my area...which is sweet because we were there antes de mi mision [
before my mission ]. and there is so much to see here in my area...it is so cool. We have a few investigators that are pretty cool, especially one, Elpidio, who we are teaching, but isn't actually ours, because he is English,(our break from Spanish), but he lives to far from the Revere elders to walk to; but he is so cool, pero es dificil por El a dejar de fumar y guardar la ley de castidad...pero El esta progresando todavia, [
but it's hard for him to quit smoking and keep the law of chastity, but he continues to progress ] so no worries. I am loving it here.
Something I came across in my thoughts this past week, is Baptism,...I wonder why? But I was thinking about what it really means and more specifically the covenants we make. We covenant to keep the Commandments, take Christ's Name upon ourselves, and to always remember Him. (CTR) ok, so keep the commandments, ok so that one we know and it enables us to stay worthy at all times. what about take His name upon us? How? Why? Well, I think we must be willing to submit to our Father's will. This is different than what Christ Did, in terms of what our Father in Heaven wants us to do. When we take upon ourselves the name of Christ, we commit to take upon ourselves trials, and afflictions, and all manner of things that Christ went through. Sorry if you don understand. but when we covenant to be Christ's disciples, we commit to be like Christ. This means bearing one another's burdens and suffering trials, the same ones he went through for us, so that we can become more like Him, to develop those traits and become who we need to become. When people become members of the Church, their trials do not stop there. In Fact, people often hit bumpy roads right after baptism and all through out the rest of there lives, because we have all committed to become like Christ. We cant ever do what Christ did, and I''m not trying to say that to become like Christ we have to suffer too, because I think that is sacrilegious, but we have to go through trials in our lives that turn us towards Christ and give us traits of Christ. So taking upon ourselves the name of Christ or tomar sobre Si el nombre de Cristo is submitting to Our Father in Heaven and accepting all that happens to us and embracing it as Christ did and doing things that he would do, and seeking always to be as he was, and to act as witnesses of God at all times, in all places and in all things. There are other parts to it, but this really touched me this last week. now always remember Him, I can put into four words....What Would Jesus Do.
So obviously Baptism was on my mind this last week, and I was able to travel to Springfield to baptize Sister Underwood, and it was interesting...she was so anxious and nervous and almost a little mad at Elder Trujillo and I because she had to wait so long, but she was happy as can be afterwards, especially after coming up out of the water. I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to baptize her, to stand in the font and to declare the prayer and then to aid her into the water and back up again, and to help her begin her journey though the gate and to be on the strait and narrow path. She was so ready, and I know she will continue to progress.
So My companion is the coolest guy ever, did is say that already? the guy teaches the gospel so well,and I am blessed to be serving with the guy.
Dear all whom it may concern: I am serving the best area and best mission ever. I just thought I would let you know.
No comments:
Post a Comment