Hello everyone!
This past week was awesome! Well mostly! I actually got transferred today! So I left my first ward, and now am in the Santa Ana 10th Spanish Ward. Exciting! My new companion is named Elder Tanner! He is from Colorado actually, and his cousins are the Rawlings! Awesome Right! He is so cool! I am so excited to get to work with him! He has only 12 more weeks on me, so we are still fresh with everything. We still got our fresh 'Greenie Fire'. I am so excited. I was a little sad that I left my first area, because I had to leave Alex, and leave a lot of people that I truly do love. Many of my investigators I love, and I sincerely hope that I will be able to return to the Santa Ana 5th Ward. I do not feel like I am done in that ward!
Apparently though my new ward is larger, and the leadership is much better. I am excited about that. The leadership in many Spanish wards are...well... could use some improvement, but I am excited for this opportunity to see what another ward is like. This past week was too interesting.
Monday - Pday of course, we played some awesome four square, and a ton of basketball, and I played some dodgeball. Super fun. Facebook is going pretty good, I think I am getting better at how I spend my time on it. It is not super easy, but I am starting to see the value behind this tool we now have access to.
Tuesday - We basically did our studies, but I had a follow up doctors appointment for my feet, which was good and bad. It turned out that I had six (yes 6) more ingrown toenails. That was nice and warming news. But all is well. I cut my own hair again, and it turned out pretty nice again. Getting pretty good at this self-hair-cutting business. Boom.
Wednesday - So I had another follow-up appointment from the day before, and Doctor Lords, a local English Bishop, cut out the six ridiculous problem causers that I had on my feet. Super fun, the numbing agents wore off within half an hour of the operation. Quite delicious the operation was. But I am walking around again. I got to wear two of those flat operation shoes, it was awesome because I had a district meeting right after the operation, and everyone at the mission office said that my shoes looked like 'Jesus' Sandals. Awesome, right?! We learned about using our I-pads this past week during lessons, and it was interesting because we learned about more effective ways of how to share videos or what not to capture the attention more of the investigators, and to keep the Spirit. It was cool! We also taught Danny, he is back with a Baptismal date, and we are excited because he promised us that he would start coming to finally. Him and his brother expressed a very real doubt this week, the fact that Danny and his brother feel uncomfortable going to church, because they go alone, without their parents, and feel that everyone is judging them. It is hard, but we talked a lot about trusting in our Heavenly Father and having Faith to do and comply with that which our Heavenly Father has commanded. It was a very good lesson, the Sprit was so strong :).
Thursday - We had a normal day with studies and what not. We had a good time knocking and trying our best to talk to people! Nobody seemed to be home, we stopped by 12 different people's homes in about a 2 hour time period, and nobody was home. We played our normal game called five alive, where if the person we try to see is not home, we knock five doors before leaving. It is fun. We found one new investigator, who seemed interested. Our zone has been trying our this new challenge we all decided on. We decided that we were going to try asking everyone to be baptized on the first contact or what not. It is fun, because it isn't really about setting a date or what not, just about finding the people that would act truly act on the chance that they got to hear the true Gospel. It has been working pretty well, from an opposite sort of stand point: we are finding all those that are not ready. It is still successful though!
Friday - Studies and weekly planning! That was super fun! But we also found out that Alex and his girl-friend that was a member broke up. Alex was rather upset, because he was just baptized and now he does not really have as much support that he had. But it will all be okay, because his Testimony is incredible! It is so powerful. He is starting to prepare to serve a mission. I think that he will actually be able to progress more now without her, she was holding him back, and now he is more free to make better decisions, and to fully dedicate himself to his life as a disciple of Christ. I love that Kid so much, and I will miss him a lot. I also got to help out a lot with an Eagle Project. William De Leon, a priest here in Santa Ana 5th turns 18 next Saturday, and needed some serious help, and so we went and spent 2 hours sanding PVC pipe for him and cutting and measuring them as well. He planned to make some portable soccer goals for an elementary school. It was a good project. We stopped by Alex's house on the way home that night, because we had bought a new tie for him, as a welcome to the 'club' kind of gift. We gave him some awesome stuff with it. It was so funny. I will send some pictures. I taught him how to tie it correctly as well. Boom! It was awesome.
Saturday - We had our normal Ward Coordination meeting, and talked a lot about our converts, and who really has the responsibility of retaining new converts. It was awesome because the ward missionary that normally bags on the missionaries was standing up for all of us. It was awesome! We had our normal language study with Hermano Swenson, and finished his take on the Subjunctive. So confusing. I need to take a break....... But we had an amazing dinner that afternoon, I ate 23 tacos. It is funny because I have been trying to work on self control, and once I ate the first taco, well, that went out the window. Eh, might as well enjoy the food while I can right?! :) Transfer calls were made as well/
Sunday - Church was awesome! We talked a lot about the Plan of Salvation, and the difference between immortality and eternal life, which was cool because there were several non-members there. During sacrament meeting, I had to excuse myself with Elder Etchart to use the restroom, I could not hold it any longer, and as I got up, the second counselor in the Bishopric jumped up out of his chair and called me up immediately to bear my testimony because I was leaving. It was very funny. We ate dinner with the Flores family, which was awesome because they are probably my favorite family in that ward. It was good to eat with them for my last time! I spent the rest of the day packing and visiting members and investigators. We went to a baptism, it was very nice!
Well that brings us to today! Wow! I forgot, but we made Horchata again this week, and it was boss. I love Hispanic foods. I am going to start collecting recipes soon!
This week I learned a great deal about prayer. It is interesting, the fact that we can pray at all times and in all places. I know that prayer is essential for me as a missionary, but also just as a son of my Heavenly Father. I know that He hears our prayers, and answers them. "Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner has a future." I love you all. Have a fantastic week! :)
Your favorite Missionary in CALI,
Elder Weston Scott
(Never Give Up, Never Look Back)








No comments:
Post a Comment