Monday, March 17, 2014

[Weston]: Anaheim Weekly March 17, 2014


Hey Family and Friends!

How is everything going for all of you back home? The mission here in California is going super great! Having a great time out here! This week was pretty funny, we taught quite a few lessons, and even got to give a few blessings! My confidence was shaken a little bit this week by some members (telling my my Spanish sucked!) , apparently people forget I am still sort of new! Only got 5 months our here ya hear? Crazy, So close to 6 months! I have to figure out what to burn for that! Anyways, this is the week so far! Hope yours was great too! :)

Monday - So we had a standard P-day and got to play some needed basketball, we also took some funny pictures as a district, because we all have our own color of clothes. I was decked out in Blue, and my companion was in yellow, and out district leader was in green, with his really tall companion in red. The sisters were in like black and pink I think, ya no puedo recorder, disculpenme porfavor [ I can't remember, please excuse me ]. Anyways it was a pretty good day, we got our sinks fixed from the weekend prior, so our apartment did not smell as bad as normal! We have all officially determined that I am at the point in the mission where my Spanish is decent enough to communicate with the people, but still not very good, and at the same time, my English is incredibly bad now too. I cannot speak English or Spanish now. Fun. It is quite amusing. I cannot remember the meaning of words in English anymore.

Tuesday - We had a normal day. Teaching, and other stuff. Elder Etchart said, "We had a normal day". What ever that means! We taught Betty which was good, but she was mad at us because we had not visited her in about 6 days. Sorry, I could not walk and was on crutches my bad. But yeah we talked to her so that was fun. I am not able to remember what else we did, sorry.

Wednesday - We had district meeting today. It was supposed to be Presidents interviews, but they were cancelled 5 minutes after we showed up. It was so funny though because right after our meeting, Elder Maughan, the 6'7" Elder in my district is walking around the hall corner and flips out. His girl friend is a missionary in the Los Angeles mission, and she was down at our mission office for some reason, and it was so funny because they both freaked out, Elder Maughan tried to play it cool, but he has this sweat disorder (no joke) and he started pouring out of his hands and arms. It was awesome! He could not even talk! We got in the car, and he just goes, Guys look, my arm pits are yellow! It was funny! He had just the thickest sweat lines ever! He could not work for the rest of the day and wanted to faint it was so funny. Oh my!

Thursday - We went on exchanges, which was fun, because I stayed in car, even though the day before, Elder Richards and Maughan wrecked their bikes on these electrical poles. Their stories are so funny. But we taught a few lessons which pretty good, and we got a new investigator. But the address the guy gave us was fake, he sent us to an open house and we started talking to people there, so that was kind of cool! We talked to our President for a while, so that was awesome! Oh and we saw Betty, who preceded to tell me to my face, that my Spanish is absolutely awful. Confidence level non existent now. Sweet. She is hard to communicate with, I have never heard anyone speak Spanish faster than her. But what a nice complement right?

Friday - We had our normal studies, along with weekly planning, facebook, Mormon.org, and an our of fixing and imputing our area book. Then we had some empanadas for dinner. Boss! I love those things. I love food. Yes I would say I love it, especially the food I eat here. I will miss it when I am gone. Alex skipped out on his lesson, but he cut his hair super short, it was really long before. Bishop asked him to cut it so that he could bless the Sacrament. Sweet!

Saturday - We were supposed to have our Ward coordination meeting, but it was cancelled in the morning before we arrived, but we had language study with Hermano Sw... , and went over Subjunctive again. 5th week on it so far. I think I am starting to understand it, but I tell you, I am trying so hard to use it, but Hay Carray! It is super hard! But coming along! We tried to make some Horchata again, and guess what? Nailed it! It worked this time! Yes! Boom.

Sunday - We had a meeting at 7:00am so got up early again, then Elder Maughan and I during the meeting went on exchanges and went to wake up our investigators and less active members to invite them to church. None of ours came. But it was fun! "You say Hillshire, I say Farm! Hillshire. Farm. Go Meat!" We did that several times it was awesome. Our district rocks hard core! Alex is our new convert, and he blessed the Sacrament! It was so awesome! He looks so good and happy now and it really strengthens my testimony. He spoke in a new convert meeting that we had that night as well. President Bowen came, and needed a translator too. Elder Etchart and I were the chosen back-up translators for him, if another Bishop did not show up. Yikes! :) It would have been interesting!

Anyways, this week was pretty good. We currently have not baptismal dates, or any progressing investigators, so we are hitting the pavement hard these days. The good news is that being a missionary is so incredibly fun, because with the Black Tag, we are entitled to be weird and awkward when talking to people. Super fun to do! I think I am almost pro at it!.

I love you all and am so grateful for your support! I hope to hear from you all soon! Emails or letters work! If you don't have my address, my parents do! ;)

Your favorite Missionary in CALI,

Elder Weston Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment