Monday, March 17, 2014

[Mason] Buenos Dias Amados Hermanos Mios


     OK so nothing really interesting happened this week, except that we planned our investigator's Baptism and she asked me to baptize her, which is so awesome. We helped yesterday with the Primary's "Great to be 8" activity and it was fun.  We spoke about the importance and key principles of Baptism and we also were asked to demonstrated how to be baptized so I stood in the font area and each kid came down and "practiced" and we went through motion.  It was quite fun seeing all of these little kids who are the exact same age as my old class prepare to be dunked...its awesome.  Also this last week, I was able to get my suit fixed by a member, but it doesn't look too good, but I really don't care because I'm still going to wear it.  We actually have some new goals in our district to open our mouths more to people in our areas and so we decided to go tracting;  and in the Springfield, MA zone, tracting is unheard of, and this Saturday, we are tracting all day long....literally we have scheduled the whole day to do this...it is so fun.  This past Saturday, we went tracting, in the rain and it was fun...but the rain here on the east coast is freezing, especially this time of year.  Our Transfer text comes in this Saturday, and I believe I will be transferred, because everybody is saying that. and I'm getting lots of bets about me going to Boston east of providence or New Haven with Romero again.  But honestly I don't care where the Lord puts me because I will do what he asks of me.
     
     We are starting to study the Atonement in our mission and I'm so glad. one thing that I have learned that I never had thought about before is one aspect of the atonement. now Christ suffered for all of our sins, for our infirmities and afflictions and all manner of whatever we will go through in our lives. one thing that is a part of all of his suffering is being alone. Christ suffered loneliness and that is because none else could have gone through what he went through because there are people in this world who suffer from being alone. 1st Nephi 19:9 says "and the world, because of their iniquity, shall judge him to be a thing of naught; wherefore they scourge him, and he suffereth it;and they smite him, and he suffereth it. Yea, they spit upon him, and he suffereth it, because of his loving kindness and long suffering towards the children of man"
   Imagine how Christ felt, people thought of him as nothing, ok that happens in the world to other people, he was bullied and called names as people are, he was spat upon, his body was bruised beaten and torn for us.  He did all of this because he loves us so much that he never wants us to feel alone in what we go through. we should never feel alone in this world because Christ went through what we went through.  Christ was alone through the Atonement in order for us to never have to feel alone, and I am so grateful for him. But why do we feel alone sometimes even when we know that Christ is with us? the answer is because we let our faith "dwindle in unbelief" to the point where our faith in Christ is is stagnant and not increasing but in fact decreasing; and this is where Satan grabs a hold and he tries to pull us down to the depths of loneliness and misery.  If we continue through our trials and our times of despair, continually "feasting upon the words of Christ" and increasing our faith in He who has been where we have been, and walked where we have walked, we will be able to conquer our doubts.  Remember, that if we doubt our doubts before we doubt our faith, we will never feel alone. Christ is our Rock and last time I checked, when the wise man built his house upon the rock(CHRIST) his house stood still, where as the foolish man built it upon the sand, and we all know that his house washed...away.  The Atonement of Jesus Christ enables us to become free of all fear and doubt of being alone, and it also gives us power to overcome the natural man.  Remember, the wise man's house was built upon the Rock, who is Christ. this doesn't mean that his house wasn't hit by the same storm as the foolish man's house, because it was. by being built upon the Rock of our Redeemer, we can resist the storms of life and we will be there still, afterwards. Yo se que nuesto roca de nuestra salvacion es Cristo, y se que mediante El, no tenemos que sentir que estamos solos porque el ha sido a traves de toda cosa que iremos pasar por en nuestas vidas. [I know that our rock of our salvation is Christ, and I know that by Him, we do not have to feel that we are alone because He has been through all things that we will pass through in our livesI am so grateful for our Savior and for his Atonement and the power that comes from it. 

So since it is transfer week next week, I will not get to email until Wednesday. also, I know I need to do my best now with what I have been given to work with and I will. and honestly no requests of anything except for the things I already wanted...that included my rugby jersey...the loose one with the tribal-looking-ness and a ball. and the other things I said earlier. all I really want right now is Work...so much that I cant possibly think about anything else but how I can help people because that's all I want to do and also learn Spanish. I had a dream that I had a chance to work with Elder Romero again in New Haven, Connecticut and I honestly would love to because I know what I have to do now with him. but anyways, I just want to help people...

Josh M.  has cancelled the last few lessons but still wants to meet, so nothing new with him. Sh...  we dropped and told the Chinese elders that she is under their jurisdiction now. also Sister Ann, as I mentioned, is getting baptized on Sunday. She had some things happen in her life that lined her up perfectly with meeting Alan Osmond, (Ddonny's older brother), and then she wanted to become a member.  Anyways, I know the Lord wants me to learn something here right now and so I'm going to do what I can.

Con Mucho Amor

Elder Mason Scott
Be Better, not bitter

Mason at the Yankee Candle Company Factory

No comments:

Post a Comment