To whom it may concern,
Hi! How are all of you! This week was awesome! For the most part! Can I say holy water? Santa Ana has been flooding for like the past 3-4 days there is so much water! This is crazy! It was really fun!
Wednesday - We went to the Temple, and so it was changed to be our P-day. The Newport Temple is so amazing! Oh my Gosh! It was awesome! The only thing that was not fun about it was that I had to use crutches during it, that was the second time that I have been injured and gone to the temple. Woot Woot! Haha. That was fun though. We played some basketball later that day, I kind of hobbled around and threw a volleyball about 500 times against the wall. It was nice, couldn't really do much else. Dodgeball is always fun here because I throw harder now then everyone. It is quite funny, I have so much more aim and power in my arm now that I am on a mission. Fun stuff! Over all it was an amazing day though.
"...and the arms of his hands were made strong by the hands of the mighty God of Jacob" Genesis 49:24
Thursday - We had a district meeting, in which we learned more about finding people to teach, and also planning, it was a great meeting! Learned a lot! We also sat inside because of my toe, I still could not walk, so that was fun, but we tried to make Horchata, but that didn't work. We bought sweet and condensed milk at this authentic Mexican market, and it turned out that it was rotten. Awesome, otherwise out horchata would have been killer. I love that stuff so much. By far my favorite drink in the world. Yum. We did some studies as well.
Friday - We did weekly planning, then had to leave for a doctors appointment for Elder Etchart. I think that pretty much all missionaries have stomach problems, and feet problems. It is very entertaining to talk as a district about what 'fun' things have happened to them so far on their missions. Alex our investigator had his baptismal interview this night as well, and passed it with flying colors. It was cool, because Elder Richards asked him to bear his testimony, and they sat in this room they were in for close to 45 minutes. He was so ready to be baptized. It is amazing!
Saturday - We had our ward coordination meeting, and it was very good, because the Bishop ran it for us. Huge difference. After we went to Hermano Swenson's house to have our language study, and that was hard. He have been learning about the subjunctive. Crazy stuff, and very complex. My Spanish is improving quite a bit. We spent most of the day getting Alex's baptism stuff ready. Got everything to be perfect. Woot Woot! Yay! We ate dinner with Hermano Swenson, and had some good old classic country food. He is from Wyoming, so that was nice. What a good day it was!
Sunday - Probably the best Sunday I have had on the mission! It was so incredible! Fast Sunday's are hard in general, but it was a very good experience this past one, and church was just incredible. The testimonies shared were quite amazing! I love the ward that I am serving in! It is amazing! But after Church we had a huge feast with the Atmojo family. Best meal I have had on the mission. Fish, Chicken, chow mein, beef, rice, asparagus, green beans, and some more fish, then some cookies, and some orange crush, it was awesome. 30 minutes after we ate, we were sitting there sharing a spiritual message with the Atmojos, and well, Elder Maughan and I got hungry again. We ate like kings on Sunday. Even better though is that after dinner, we went to finish preparing for the Baptism! I filled up the Font, and we set up the chairs. 5:00pm. Boom, we had a baptism. It was so incredible. So spiritual. Oh my gosh I cannot even describe it. Elder Etchart and I have been complemented with how organized and well-planned it was, so that was nice! Alex was baptized. It was amazing! afterwards, his mom and sister were crying, and I think that now we may have a chance at them learning from us as well. I am excited. Alex wants to serve a mission, and is determined to do so. He will be confirmed this coming Sunday by our stake Patriarch. Awesome right! :)
This week has been amazing! Very spiritual, and very uplifting. I love every opportunity that I have had to be out here and to meet all these people. Keep up the good work everyone, and I hope to heard from you all next week! Have a good one! :)
Your Favorite Missionary in CALI,
Elder Weston Scott
#AlexGotDunked


No comments:
Post a Comment