Monday, December 29, 2014

[Mason] Good morning everyone,



Well, seeing as we celebrated Christmas this week, there doesn't seem to be much to report on.

To be honest, this new year is going to be interesting and I'm so excited for the changes that ARE going to occur.  I have been thinking a lot about Goals and why people set goals and I came to the conclusion that the reason that people never fulfill their goals or they give up on them, is because....

            a) It's not a righteous Desire

            b) They don't include Heavenly Fathers help in making the Goal

            c) They don't plea with Him in humble prayer consistently nor often enough to show Him its                   important 

So this year as we all focus in on whats important, lets promise to include our Heavenly Father in what it is we desire to occur.

We read in 2nd Nephi 32:8, "But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul."

We, in all honestly need to do this if we are to succeed in life's goals and I promise you, as a representative of Our Master Jesus Christ, that we can and will fulfill that which we desire as we consecrate our lives to Him. I have seen it happen in other's lives, and i have seen it happen in my life. God will help and He will put his hand in our lives to liftus up and support us as we go throughout this year. 

Take the initiative and pray to your Father who awaits in Heaven to hear your voice and Consecrate your "Performance."

-
Elder Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment