Hello Everyone!
This week was very great! I think I will give a play by play.
Monday we started out by playing kickball. We played zone versus zone, and my zone unfortunately lost. Dang. We'll get them next time! But we went and visited a ton of people but nadie was home! It was so annoying! Tuesday we did not have much time until about 6pm, and so we went ham trying to talk to, and see as many people as possible. It was worth it! We taught as less active family. The Trejo's. They are so funny! We shared the new Christmas video made by the church "He is the Gift". They really enjoyed it.
Wednesday we had District Meeting. I prepared so much for it! I was so excited! I taught and trained about praying with Faith. To share one detail, it would be from the last part I shared. That when we pray, we must love according to what we pray for. We must fulfill that which we we ask for. Joseph Fielding Smith said, "All we do should be in harmony with the expressions of our prayers. We should not pray merely with our lips; but in every act, in our conversation, in all that we undertake to do, we should try to carry out the expressions of our prayers, and be in harmony with the thoughts that we declare to the Lord in our daily supplications. Are we in possession of the spirit of prayer? Have we made it a part of our very being? Are we in touch with our Heavenly Father through the Holy Spirit, or are we not?" This impacted me a lot. Mostly to make sure that all I do is in accordance with what I need and should be doing at all times. It was a great training meeting, I prayed long and hard to know what exactly the district needed. We also taught Erik that night about praying with faith. It went nicely with what I had studied so much lately. Anyways, Erik loved it, he loves everything we share with him. He asked about music and what kind of music we should be listening to. He also mentioned that his number one goal is to be sealed in the temple with his wife!
Thanksgiving was fun haha. We did some studies in the morning, then we went and ate some Peruvian food for lunch with the Sanches family. They are so nice, just like having another mom out here haha. Afterwards we went and helped with a service project. We cleaned up this judge event center parking lot, in which they cooked s bunch of turkeys. It was really gross what I had to do, but it was all good, got a free shirt (however it was too small). We then went and ate dinner with President Tucker. He is a counselor to our mission president. He is so nice! He feeds any missionary that doesn't have dinner on thanksgiving. And our whole district was without dinner, so we went and spent time with them, and we completed a puzzle while there, it was great! On the way home, it was about 8pm, we were invited to another member's home, in which we ate some more (which was impossible to do) and we shared a message. I was asked to share my testimony while there. It was fun!
Friday we didn't do a whole lot, we ate thanksgiving leftovers for breakfast with a member, that was fun! Saturday we exchanged, and Elder Maughan my zone leader came with me. It was great. We saw a lot of people!
I was asked to speak again on Sunday, and so I spoke about the Christmas Season and what has been on my mind all week. I have been asking everyone basically the same question this week. "What are you willing to give to your Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ this year?" I have been reflecting on this thought so much lately. Especially because our Heavenly Father has given us a Savior. Jesus Christ has given us the Atonement. Now it is our turn. Jus think, the one thing that our Heavenly Father wants but does not demand is obedience. He has given us Agency. We can choose for ourselves. But the supreme expression of love we can and ought to show our Father in Heaven is that of giving back that Agency. And choosing to be obedient to His word. This Christmas season I choose to exactly that, to give them by agency by being obedient. Because I love my Father in Heaven, I love my Savior. What will you give?
Thanks for everything!
Your favorite missionary in So. Cal.!
Elder Weston Scott
No comments:
Post a Comment