Monday, December 22, 2014

[Weston] Anaheim Weekly December 22, 2014

Merry (Early ) Christmas to all!

This week was so fantastic! :) I freaking love my companion so much! Elder Bickmore is a stud! We work so well together, it's so incredible how relaxed he is about everything! He is so patient! I am literally the happiest missionary to be found upon the Earth now. I love being a missionary! 

Some sad news this week, our most progressing investigator Erik dropped us. For some reason I already had prepared myself for it. I knew it was coming. He was not trying as hard as he was the past two weeks as he was previously. So, of course I was sad, still am, but it didn't get me down, because he is not ready to truly make a change.

However, we found five new investigators this week. 4 of which are super solid! We have set up so many appointments! Yes we don't have any progressing right now, but what we do have is a teaching pool now. Finally! We have been working hard! I finally feel that now I am truly creating a model area for my district. 

We had the award Christmas party this past Thursday, in which we ended up doing all of the heavy lifting, for it haha. We seriously make this ward run. No joke, because nobody follows through on any assignments. But whatever, it's part of my calling! :) While at the party, I was asked to go and sit in the car with Elder Quito because he wanted to tell me some things. Elder Quito is one of my best friends, and we sat and talked for over and hour. He had been struggling with the desire to go home due to some personal circumstances. All I could say was to listen to the spirit. I gave him some advice and counsel. I saw my patriarchal blessing come to pass during this chat as well. It was very spiritual. I encouraged him to endure, and be patient. I put my arm around him and told him that everything would be alright. He told me that I am the reason that would keep him from drowning out here. We made some goals, and I have the privilege of talking to him every day to keep him motivated. 

I am incredibly excited for Christmas. I hope to be able to see a lot of you that day via Skype. Thank you for all of the support.

I know with all my heart Jesus is the Christ. He is the gift. I love Him and represent Him. My words are His words, my thoughts are His thoughts, and my actions are His actions. Merry Christmas to all, and to all......... You know the rest!

Your favorite Missionary in So. Cal.!


Elder Weston Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment