So I'm moving to Hartford, CT now in the Spanish Branch down there, and so I'm officially leaving Lynn behind now and moving to the next part of my mission. Wednesday I leave, and so that will be interesting....but I'm overall excited. My new companion's name is Elder Pope, the missionary that replaced me when I left Springfield....so He is a pretty cool guy. I'm stoked beyond belief.
** New address**
** 2 Park Pl. 19J, Hartford, CT 06106 **
This week we made true history in Lynn, baptizing the 4th person this year, breaking last years record, and the year before that I believe. Santos Hernandez is the newest member of the Church down here in Lynn, and he is so sweet, I Love the guy so much....I am coming back this time next year, I don't care ......I'm going to be here for his temple wedding with Jesenia. woohoo!!
As we all know, December has started, and so my sacrifice is overwith.... and so to finish, I had a Dr. Pepper, chocolate bar, a box of Captain Crunch.....and a whole box of cinnamon toast crunch....man did my stomach hurt.....I planned to eat that much....but I couldn't finish the chocolate bar.....sugar stinks...
So as a mission, we set a goal to baptize 70 people, and by Saturday, we had baptized 77....and so we entered Sunday with enough dates to bring us to 97 baptisms for the month....and as of right now, December, 1, 2014, looking back at the month of November, we found exactly 100 miracles.....and that means that we baptized 100 people in the month...surpassing our goal of 70 by 30....The whole mission presidency was out with missionaries every second yesterday, and we had some baptisms that happened in a day....it was amazing.,....
Thank you for all of your support to our mission here in New England. It has been a blessing to see the miracles happen here.
I have some fantastic news, and that is that my new apartment in CT has a gym...woohoo....haha, I'm excited....
Turkey day was so fun...we played football in the snow....and it was the best. I scored just a few touchdowns.....and swatted a few hail mary's but no biggie.....
We ate good, for certain, due to the 2 dinners we had, and I felt like I was going to puke.....whew........last year I had 4 dinners....and I was fine....what the heck is going on with me, eh?
Well, I love you all, I will talk to you next week, and I will plan on having a message prepared as well, sorry for the short email.
Elder Mason Scott,
3)la familia Rivera Melo



No comments:
Post a Comment