Monday, December 29, 2014

[Weston] Anaheim Weekly December 29, 2014

Hey!

Well officially in two days I complete the whole year I would serve in my mission. 2013 was a part year, 2015 will be part of the year, but 2014 was a whole year of missionary service. It is so weird. I feel so old now, but wait I am! This last week was awesome! We had Christmas! Woot woot! That day was so fun, but let's back up. Tuesday night was incredible, we taught so many lessons and found a ton of new people. Elder Bickmore is such a hard worker, and so optimistic, we get along great, and now we are killing it here in our area.

Wednesday was Christmas Eve (Nochebuena) and we went Christmas caroling as a district! It was so fun! We made so many people's nights! Although we aren't singers by any means, here in the Anaheim 11 ward, we are pro status. Sad enough to say, nobody is musically inclined in this ward haha. I can't play the piano, and I am forced to play a few hymns. I have had to teach myself again how to play the piano. 

Christmas was great! The other Elders in my district came over to our apartment and we made pancakes and Mexican hot chocolate (abuelitas) and opened gifts! I
Afterwards we went to Hermana Sanchez's home so that Elder Quito could Skype his family. He wanted his family to meet Hermana Sanchez. It was fun, Elder Bickmore and I played a new game I got for Christmas. Super Fun! Afterwards we went to the Bishop's house and he had gifts for all of us. They are giant plaques with our names, that he hand made with a router. Simple, but cool! We talked with our families all of us, and played ping pong for hours. It was a fun time, definitely beat my Christmas last year on the mission. We ate a couple dinners, the last one was with Oswaldo and Margarita, and we ate Enchiladas! I actually made them and helped! So easy to make, and so delicious! They were super spicy! My favorite! 

We had a few appointments Friday to go to but nothing to big. Saturday was super fun! The zone leaders came over and checked our apartment to make sure to was clean, it is always clean because I am OCD. We went to see the trejo family in the evening, and we ended up doing service. We cleaned up their front yard, with mowing and edging, and the works. It was awesome, except we were in our proselyting clothes. I was on the mower, and I got destroyed. There was a hole in the bag so grass and dirt shot up at me basically the whole time. It was so fun though! It looked so Great afterwards, as I am sure you can all imagine. It was fun. 

The thought of the week comes from the talk by Elder Anderson this past General Conference titled Joseph Smith. "Jesus Christ chose a holy man, a righteous man, to lead the Restoration of the fulness of His gospel. He chose Joseph Smith." I add my testimony to that. I know that In order to get to Know Christ, you have to Know Joseph Smith. I know that the church has been restored to the Earth, and will never be taken off again. Have a happy new year!

Your favorite Missionary,

Elder Weston Scott

1) Service - my companion
2) A pitcher that a member has. It pukes when you pour hahaha.
4) Bounce Castle (jumper) I was balling it up. The little girl is my best friend . Or at least that is what she tells everyone haha.





No comments:

Post a Comment