Monday, April 13, 2015

[Mason] RHODE ISLAND BABY!!!!!!!!!

I have officially served in the four corners of the mission, basically...haha. So this week was depressing because not only did I have yo say good bye to the Hartford Spanish Branch, but I had to completely change cultures again....yikes!!!

Its been crazy here the last few days in the Rhode Island, working with Sisters Orr and Sister O'Keeffe and speaking the English Language. I tell you what, not being able to speak to anyone in two languages 'es dificil'. I just want to say things in Spanish all the time and so my speech is much slower in English and I am pronouncing words wrong....I feel like a goofball.

SO Thursday, we and the Sister Training Leaders planned for ZONE MEETING for the Providence North Zone missionaries and it lasted for forever, but it was good stuff. we then held the meeting on Friday. it was so fun and it seemed to be enjoyable. 

Our district here has 3 European missionaries....2 from England and 1 from Sweden....and they are so funny.

I am still getting to use the Spanish here in Scituate because many of the investigators and potentials speak Spanish and they understand certain gospel principles better in their native language.

You can take the missionary away from the Spanish....but you cant take the Spanish away from the missionary.

Well....Elder Perkes and I have certainly been having a lot of fun together and its a great companionship....partially because we were already good friends before.....amazing how that works.

Elder Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment