Monday, April 27, 2015

[Weston] Anaheim Weekly April 27, 2015

My friends and family,

This last week has been exciting and busy. I feel more tired everyday than I did before. But somehow I am even happier! My new companion Elder Dougherty is an excellent companion. He and I have been working diligently to create a teaching pool, because recently, there hasn't been much of one. We can say that we are talking with everyone and asking referrals from everyone. It works. It really does work.

We found a family of 9 this week, who last night we were able to teach the restoration to. It was a very spiritual experience. They confessed to us that they had never for their entire lives together, ever let missionaries from any religion enter their home, but they said they trusted us, and had confidence in us and felt comfortable with us. We are so excited to work with them. This is just one of then many blessing we have seen from our efforts this week.

We had a few meetings this week for the new transfer, and trainings for Zone Leaders. It was a good time to learn more about my duties, but as well to learn about the expectations. I am trying hard to love up those expectations along with my companion so that we may lead our zone and help the District Leaders have success leading out their districts.

During District Meeting this week, my companion and I split up and I joined the other district in our zone while my companion stayed in our district. It was fun, a much different perspective though, it seemed that Elder Lopez the District Leader aimed all the questions towards me the Zone Leader. Much different perspective that that of being a District Leader. I miss it..... 

We were given an opportunity to join a few English stakes out here in a large service project an an equestrian park. We cleaned up the entire park, most of the time my zone was pulling down trees and dragging them to the loading bay where there were trucks waiting. It was fun, many of us wore shorts there, and now I am grateful I have to wear slacks every day. My legs are terribly cut up. I look like a train wreck. My district leader and I came out of service as well with what we now call "branch marks" or small cuts and scrapes on our faces. Very fun. 

We are trying to visit every member in our area right now, and help them do their own missionary work. Yesterday we visit the Aburto family. Wow. That was an experience. We read a simple scripture with them, and the hermano didn't understand it, but his wife did, and she goes ahead and expounds this scripture to him, but he didn't even get one work from it. He began relating this one random word from the scriptures to Brittany spears and these other singers. We sat in awe. We could not believe how hard it was for him to understand the message of the scripture. It talked about prayer and the spirit. It was a great experience, mainly because it was so entertaining.

I am working to develop the Christlike Attribute of Patience. "Life is full of difficulties, some minor and others of a more serious nature. There seems to be an unending supply of challenges for one and all. Our problem is that we often expect instantaneous solutions to such challenges, forgetting that frequently the heavenly virtue of patience is required." I desire to be more dignified as a representative of Jesus Christ. Patience is requisite.

Keep pressing forward.

Elder Weston Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment