Monday, April 20, 2015

[Weston] Anaheim Weekly April 20, 2015


Wow! 

Elders from my previous district.
We are actually happier than that most of the time!
This week was a good one! Haha, so much happened. To start off though, today is transfers. I have been called to be a Zone Leader in the Buena Park 3 Ward. I am super excited! My new companion's name is Elder Dougherty! He is amazing! I am so excited for my new assignment to be a Zone Leader, especially because I get to work closer with President Taggart. I am grateful for the trust he has in me to call me to this assignment.

It is hard to be leaving this ward, even with all of its defects. I can honestly say that I love the people whom I have served. I will miss them all dearly, whether they be investigators or Members. I feel as though I am leaving home again, but I know that new beginnings are important, and that I have more work to do in other parts now.

So this week Elder Montgomery and I sat down and made some plans for how we are going to work more effectively through the members in our area. We have over half the members in our area, keep in in mind, 80% are not active, so we have a lot of work to do. Our area struggles a lot with member present lessons, or I should say friend present lessons, so we made a plan of action to get the members involved. Even though I am leaving now, I am looking forward to applying this plan to my new area.

I visited the Doctor again this week, this time a re-evaluation of my shoulders since I was sent to Physical Therapy, I received 4 cortisone shots into my right shoulder and right trapezius muscle. (Or whatever it's called) It did not feel great haha. But whatevs. The doctor told me that I have two options, suffer through it by taking tons of aleve and Tylenol around the clock until I go home or super simply, just go home. So of course, I chose the first option. He feels that I have a lot of scar tissue built up in my shoulders, combined with tears of the labrum and or something else. But I am not doing anything more to make it worse.

The first family I met here in Anaheim
and the last one I saw. The Martinez family,
they will forever hold a place in my heart.
I love them.
I took Elder Encinas on exchanges this week to my area, and we taught a few lessons, but what made this exchange great, was that I was given the privilege to exercise my Priesthood Authority by giving two blessings. I love being able to be an instrument for my Heavenly Father. I was also able to help counsel Elder Encinas through his home sickness. It was incredible, the Spirit was so strong. A major focus I had during our exchange was remembering "which way do I face" from the conference talk in October. It is something that drives me to be better, and to not get discouraged, because I know what I want, I know where I face.

Our investigator Maria is doing well, she is excited to get baptized, we are just playing the waiting game until the man that lives in her house will leave. There is long back story about why he is even there, but we are praying that he will leave soon. Darlene and Bernardo came to church which was awesome! They are relatives of a recent convert family. The Palacios, a family of investigators have worked with for the past 4 months have still not come to church, but they are still progressing in every other aspect. I love them so much, and I will miss them dearly. I pray constantly that they will come to church.

This is Vilma and Maria. Our old friends.
Notice the hand on my "waist".
That's Vilma for you, she is old. Ugh..... Haha.
My companion Elder Montgomery has Hemophilia A "Severe" , basically meaning that he can die from a paper cut. That is actually not true at all, he does have it, but he won't die from a paper cut. I have been giving his medicine to him lately through an IV. I basically get to stab him. It's awesome. I am now officially certified as a phlebotomist. Boss status.

Let's see, my stomach is still the same, but I am trying to not each much, the problem is that my stomach hurts when I don't eat or when I fast, and every time I eat it hurts haha, and in between all of that as well. It's quite hilarious! But I am surviving, so no worries. #noonecanstopthismissionary

Oh yeah, President and Sister Taggart joined us for a lesson on Tuesday night with our 71 year old investigator Maria. It was awesome! Then President Lords (my podiatrist who was recently called to be in the mission presidency here in my mission) joined us on Wednesday. His Spanish is a little rough haha, been a while. 

Well, I am happy for my new adventures to start, new companion, new area, new beginning. Remember where you face.

Your favorite Missionary,

Elder Weston Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment