I love my mission so much. I can't even begin to describe it to you. this week has made me feel so blessed to be able to serve as well as have the opportunity to be here in this particular area.
Amidst all of the service and contacting and everything else we do as missionaries, we had the opportunity to invite people to come unto Christ. We have an investigator who has not been progressing due to a recent trial and has not been able nor willing to move forward. With the help of the Savior's Atonement, He has been able to make a few steps in the right direction. A miracle has happened in his life. He has come to the knowledge that the Gospel of Christ will help him and he can overcome this predicament.
This was one of the best parts of my week. although we did so much more, I felt the Spirit witness to me that this is why I am here and that I am fulfilling my commission of representing Christ.
We did some moving this week and man did we sweat a lot. It has been pretty humid here lately, and it feels so sticky all of the time! Gotta love Rhode island, right?!!!! I certainly love it here!
This week we were blessed with finding 4 new investigators: Beth , Suzanne , Kerri and Diahndra! they are all super cool and interested! The idea of the book of Mormon is really cool to them and we are excited to help them learn more.
Retno, our investigator who had a date to be baptized, faced some opposition this past week and therefore felt overwhelmed. We are anxious to get to see her and help her understand all that is occurring!
Here in the Scituate Ward, the members and other 3 missionaries (Elder Helfin, Sister's Asay and Hung) all enjoy laughing at me due to the increased proportions at meals that I consume. lately I have just been starving all day, every day. that being said, I challenged, jokingly, the other missionaries (all skin and bones) to a weight loss competition...and they took it seriously.....ahhh. I was kidding.....
so now, its the 3 of them against me, survival of the "fittest" for one month.....starting today! its going to be so fun!!!
Referring back to Adam's lesson, We had a very spiritual moment where things clicked into place for him. We described how Christ is our Healer and that his Gospel is the Remedy and the Church is the Hospital! we of course elaborated on it more fully, but the Point stressed as we taught was that We all in this world are in need of being made whole and that comes through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We access the Atonement through the principles and ordinances of the Gospel. I know that this is true! We are redeemed as we repent and change and partake of the sacrament or get baptized/ receive the holy ghost. We are enabled through our faith which is the source of spiritual repair as well as through the other ordinances that provide us the means of other blessings God has in store for us. our faithfulness determines the enabling power of the atonement. if I don't believe that I can be made whole and be made free from the bondage of sin, then it will never be so! if I do not believe I can change and be better, then I will not! Faith determines what the atonement can do for us. if we are faithFULL, then the atonement will enable us to become who God desires. Adam understands this principle now, and he is willing to develop such faith. His seed has begun to swell and it is growing, is yours?
I love the Atonement of Christ. It has made me whole and continues to do so as I exercise my Faith and nourish my Faith! I hope we can all continue to grow our faith as Adam is doing.
"[His] grace is sufficient for all man that humble themselves before [him]" -Ether12:27
"we are made alive in Christ because of our faith" 2Nephi 25:25
I love you all!
Elder Mason Scott
Massachusetts Boston Mission
No comments:
Post a Comment