Monday, August 24, 2015

[Weston] Anaheim Weekly August 24th, 2015

Hello!

I have no time today.  You may be thinking that it is because I want to play sports or what not, but I have a valid reason this time.

Here is why;
Today is the first day of the new transfer, my last transfer. Thursday nights before transfers, we receive leadership calls from the assistants and the President. Thursday night came, and President called our phone, and asked to speak with me. He told me that he had both bad and good news. The bad news was that I had been released as a zone leader, and I sighed on the phone because I have loved my time as a zone leader. Then President Taggart said, "Elder Scott, the good news is that I have called you to be my new assistant, even though it is just for a short season."

I have six weeks, and I have been called as the new Assistant to the President. I am excited, overwhelmed, and grateful for this new calling. My companion is Elder Dougherty again, he was  called to be an assistant when we were zone leaders together. Crazy.

I am sad to leave the Spanish program for my last transfer, and my area. Desiree is getting baptized this next Saturday, and Maria and Eduardo are thinking about getting married! They came to a baptism this week to watch another, and they also took us out to eat lunch Saturday afternoon (I had a mint in my mouth so I could not smile, ugh). I will miss them all, but I know that they will get baptized soon!

We also helped teach an Hermano in our ward how to read this week. It was fun. He is doing well. We also got new phones in the mission this past Thursday. They are basically the same, but they work better.

I hope my reason for why I cannot write too much today is good enough for you all! Have a great week!

Elder Weston Scott




My last district

No comments:

Post a Comment