This last week was so Amazing because of the Results after all of our work!
--
We started off the week with a goal in Mind, the goal being to get our Recent converts (Wendy, Patricia, Frank) to the Temple in August 1st.....this being 1 week after their baptisms........or 2 for Frank. There was so much to get done, and it seemed as if during the week, there would just not enough time to get everything done, to make sure that they were ready, with Family Names! and everything else, including recommends, etc. Every day this week we embarked on this task while teaching our other investigators and members and finding new people to teach as well, and with the clock counting down every second, we managed to get it done! Frank was unable to attend due to the reason of Vacation, but Patricia and Wendy went, along with Charles Newton, another RC, 2 Less Actives, and 4 other Active Members.
August 1st was an amazing day for me, not just due to the fact that we managed, with God's help, to get everyone there, but I was given the opportunity to work in the temple for almost 4 hours, as we rushed in the baptistry to manage the Boston Mission's Recent Convert Temple trip! I was asked to do the Spanish side of the work along with helping as a witness and Font-side confirmations. It was a blessing to me to be able to feel the spirit so strong as we were there. I also brought the name of one of my great(x3) grandmothers, and Patricia was Baptized for Her. I was unable to witness it because I was needed for the Help in Spanish at that time, but Im so Grateful that the work was able to commence for her.
The Temple truly is The House of God and Im grateful for the ordinances available there. I hope that all of us can remember How great a blessing it is to have these Sacred buildings on the Earth.
Sunday, my best part of the week, We were able to help out in administering the Sacrament, and I didnt have to lead the music this week, as I normally do each week, so it was a nice relief! but then the testimonies born were inspiring and I certainly felt the Spirit, and then, my companion and I were put on the spot to go and do singing time in Primary...ughh...sure ok, we replied. That was a blast as we sang for a half hour or so with the Kids that are amazing! We then after that headed to Elders Quorum, but then Sister Vieth, the Primary 1st Counselor, hunted us down and asked if we could teach the Valiants class, as we do almost every week as well! it felt like 2013 again, being in primary for so long! I loved it!!! We have become the Permanent Substitute Primary Teachers! it is super fun!
We then went and had lunch with the Smalls Family who just moved into this house that is sitting on 5 acres that I cant even describe to you it is so amazing. then we went and taught Retno Hariat-Mojo who wants to be baptized! We are going to set a date with her on the following Sunday!!!! it was sick!
Every week the Lord gives us many Tender mercies that I am just beginning to recognize and I am grateful beyond measure. I hope we can all continue recognizing them and giving thanks to God, and as we do, the Lord will open our eyes to so much more!
Elder Mason Scott
Massachusetts Boston Mission
No comments:
Post a Comment