Anaheim Weekly August 10, 2015
This past week went by quick, and this next one will as well! Wow.
I will mention just a few highlights from the week. To start off we now now have 4 baptismal dates. Michelle, Eduardo, Maria, and Desiree. We are very excited for them. Yesterday there was a baptismal service in our zone going on, and we were able to get Maria, Eduardo, and Eddie (the son) to it to watch. They liked it a lot. This week we taught them Eternal Marriage and the Law of Chastity, and they seemed to be okay with it, they said they would talk about getting married. We hope they do soon.
We had Mission Leadership Council this week and then we taught our zone about what we were trained on. All do the training was focused on recognizing the Spirit. It was fantastic. I learned so much, and I am grateful for President Taggart and all that he has taught me on my mission. We also had a meeting with the stake president to discuss the progress of the wards. We were invited to commit people to be baptized as soon a possible, rather than scheduling out a long period of time for them, we were invited to kept the time short. A ver lo que pasa.
We had exchanges this week, this time I went with my district leader Elder Cahoon to his area. It was a pretty good exchange. We performed some service in the morning at a food bank, and we were given some food as well. Our assignment was to hand our the potatoes. We had to divide them all between a lot of people. There were about 70 50lb. boxes of potatoes. We got a major work out done in our proselytizing clothes. It was fun. We were so sweaty! Later that day, we went to the Apple Store to replace my IPad because there was a problem with the screen, and warranty covered it. We taught a great lesson that night. We asked so many questions, it was incredible for me to recognize the spirit guiding our lesson.
Last night, we went and visited Emiliano our recent convert. He has this puppy named Simba, who loves to escape and just run away. I got his attention and he came running, he is a small dog, but got through the door way and then I took off running after him. It was hilarious. I totally saw that coming. Running every morning has helped out a lot. I caught him about 5 minutes later. It was so fun.
I am grateful for my mission. I can see for myself that I have changed, and President Taggart told me yesterday that he was speaking with someone I met at the beginning of my mission, (I do not know who...) and the person commented that I have changed a great deal for the better. I love it out here.
Elder Weston Scott
The new suit I will be buying in 6 weeks. I need to slim down some more.
No comments:
Post a Comment