We had a very long week this week! mixed with Transfers, Interviews, MLC, and Zone Meeting, and all of the Trainings that we gave in between!
...
--
Coolest thing from the week! We set a Baptismal Date with A golden Investigator named Retno! She is so Cool and will be Baptized on August 22! We are stoked!
We are getting sisters again in our Area, so that will be exciting, a little hectic at first because i still feel like im training a new missionary, and now i will have 2 more, but We will be all set!
Interviews with President Miller were great! I went last out of the whole zone, so after 8 hours of interviews and trainings provided by my companion and I and the STL's, I was interviewed. We talked for more than 30 minutes and it was great! He wanted to talk only about me going home, And I had Questions about the Work. I suppose that its about time I start preparing for that transition. He gave me some homework and also talked to me about leadership and we talked about transfers and about going back to the spanish program. We literally talked about every detail about it and He came to the conclusion that He needed me as a Zone Leader still. Though I wanted to return to the Spanish, I gladly accept what president Miller wants me to do. He seems to trust me a whole lot, and he asked me many things regarding mission policies and other Missionary things. He asked for my opinion on certain rules of the mission that had been overlooked such as instruments and other things, and We talked about that, President seems to want me for another transfer here in Scituate, To make sure that His vision is carried to all, including my companion.
I have been pondering and praying what it is I am supposed to do here. I have a very distinct answer given to me by president. I know what my job as I finish my Mission as a ZL.
...
Mission's are not easy. I know that, the world knows that, God knows that. Nothing is Easy. we all at some point develop the above-mentioned feelings. We can not let them sink in. We can not let them harm the Joy we receive from the gospel and the happiness we attain as we live it! I have had too many of these feelings enter my life and i have dwelt on them, and they have caused me great pain. Too many days and weeks and months have I dwelt on feelings of anger, sadness and pain caused by others. but were they really caused by others? know these feelings come and came from the Son of the morning, yea the fallen one even Lucifer. Satan causes us to be offended. He tempts us to dwell on everything that happens. everything I described earlier can be resolved through the atonement of Christ. When we can choose this day and every day to not be offended, we are enabled through the atonement to change and be better. I'm sorry for dwelling on these kinds of things, and I'm sure many of us are. Today, let us give it up. Let us just change.
My message is simple. The atonement of Jesus Christ covers all of our shortcomings. I have many of them, but I know that Christ can free me of them as I let him in and I change. sorry if it doesn't make sense or if it was very blunt, I just wanted to share what was on my mind.
um so I'm dying in Scituate, I found out in my interview.
Um well I'm doing great. Next week I will talk about plans for when I come home. President has asked me to make plans and get things rolling, so I suppose I will.
have a great week!
Elder Mason Scott
Massachusetts Boston Mission
No comments:
Post a Comment